Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2007, 06:34 PM

I am looking to work for NCLA. I really want to work as Management at some level. However the recuriter I spoke with mentioned that it was deficult to get hired as a manager. I have worked as a manger for many years. She suggested to start as a bartender and move up that way. Now I am looking at that option they are not currently hiring Bartenders,they were a few weeks ago. But they are still hiring various other departments. I enjoy all aspect of hospitality, so. Should I take a postion and get going through the channels or should I wait til a bartender position opens. What is pay scale like for these type of positions?

Any and all advice would be a great help.

Floyd
Old 06-08-2007, 12:43 PM

Any time you're looking for cruise line employment go to the company's web site and go to THEIR employment link. Do NOT just google CRUISE JOBS or go through an agency. They really don't know what they're talking about. Apply directly with the line. They will be happy to show you ON BOARD as well as HEADQUARTERS MANAGEMENT positions available, as well as applications.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:44 PM

Thank you, I figured that. I am applying with NCLA. However at the current time they want to hire me for a waiter ot bar waiter. I believe my exsperience would be wasted at that level. But will be willing to if the possibilty to move up on board is ok.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:02 PM
PA Steve, you sound like you've had experience with this. Tell me more.

inap66, NCL America job's pay would be commensurate with similar positions on land. But like land jobs, starting as a manager requires some real credentials. If you really want to do this, take what is available and work your way up. Waiting for the "right" job could leave you at the pier a long time.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:18 PM

f-mattox,

Thank you. Is it possible to move up during the contract or do have to wait for your next contract.

Floyd
Old 06-08-2007, 07:37 PM
I've got to be honest with you--I don't know.

I'm sure if a position became available because of an illness or some other reason, the possibility is there; but I don't think you could count on that.
Old 06-09-2007, 05:26 AM

f-mattox...

I really don't know THAT much. I've asked alot of the emplopyees on board about employment. PLus, I looked into it. I'm a Physician Assistant and was curious if the companies hired them. They don't.

Closed Thread