Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2008, 10:45 PM

How long after booking a cruise can one bring it up on the reservation system, been trying since yesterday and haven't been able to login into my reservations as of yet.
thanks wendy
Old 01-25-2008, 04:44 AM
Administrator

Wendy, I am having that same issue, as are a few friends of mine who are going on the same cruise as I am. We were told to wait a couple of days.

What's interesting is that when I search for my reservation number, the system will give it to me. But, when I enter that same reservation number into the advance registration engine, it's not recognized. It must be on two different systems, and it takes time to synchronize them.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:39 PM

Thanks Lisa, that is what I was told also wait a few days, lol seems like there "few days" mean two different things to me I guess LOL guess one just has to keep trying
Oh well I have time was just in a hurry to really see my reservation hehehehehe
Old 01-25-2008, 09:57 PM

The NCL system is very slow and has a window of time that you can access bookings. You must be within 55 days in most cases to access anything including your Advanced Guest Registration. If you wait too long they deny access too, I believe a week or two prior to the sailing date they pull your access. Their system is notorious for going down, especially over the weekend when there are no IT guys there to get it back up. Also the system will only hold a fixed number of people logged in at any given time. Try accessing it in non-peak times, very early in the morning and very late in the evening. Keep trying, it's very important to do you registration prior to arriving at the pier.

Cheers, Neil
Old 01-26-2008, 06:13 AM
Administrator

Thanks, Neil. I've mentioned several times here that I am less than impressed with NCL's Web site in general. This is something they really need to work on, IMO. I can view my reservation, but I can't do anything with it. On the other hand, I am all set with my HAL cruise, which is a couple of months later. I booked shore excursions a couple of months ago, completed our registration, and printed out our boarding passes. I'm curious to see how well NCL handles the e-documents. When I sailed with them in 2006, they were still using paper docs.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:32 AM

Lisa, everything will work out fine if you're persistent. Funny, I'll have a hundred clients that have no problem and then a couple dozen all call within a couple of weeks that call and can't get in. I try walking them through it and then I can't get in. It's like one of those check engine lights on your car that comes on and when you take it to your dealer they find no problem and the lights is off when they start it. Then two miles away it comes back on. Frustrating but it can be resolved with something I have less of as I get older... patience.

Cheers, Neil
Old 01-26-2008, 11:21 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I've mentioned several times here that I am less than impressed with NCL's Web site in general.
I agree, it is quite the train wreck. It's like they thought "hey, lets hide everything people want to know about and make them hunt for it".
Old 01-27-2008, 10:39 AM
Administrator

Success!

Wendy, I just completed my family's registration for our May cruise. Our Advance Registration Forms are printed and filed in our travel folder. Try it now...it should hopefully work for you, too.
Old 01-27-2008, 03:49 PM

Lisa, did you go to the reservation system login page or did you go to the passport advance guest registration? I called NCL and they told me get this I couldn't print anything as it was to far in advance of our cruise, would have to wait at least 19 more days to print e-docs, don't get it we leave April 13th, let me know were you went to print your registration. Thanks Wendy
Old 01-27-2008, 03:55 PM
Administrator

I went to the passport advance guest registration. I've been able to view the reservation system login page since about a day after booking. I know we won't receive our e-documents until final payment is made.

The exact steps I took were to go to ncl.com, click on the passport on the lower right, and then click on "go to form" in the middle of the page in the area labeled Advance Guest Registration Form. From there, I entered the required information, and it was pretty quick after that. Be sure to have your Reservation Number handy.

Closed Thread

Tags
advanaceregstratioin