Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2010, 01:50 PM

Quick question for all my helpful cruisechat people....I know that you can choose to settle your cruise tab with cash rather than credit card. If I were to choose this option, does anyone know what they make you put down as a deposit in the beginning? Thanks!
Old 03-21-2010, 06:16 PM
Administrator

I just took a look at my Welcome Aboard booklet (that just happens to be sitting right next to me) and... the answer to your question is not there. I also checked ncl.com. I imagine you did both, also. Have you tried logging into your My NCL account? If you've indicated there that you plan to settle in cash, perhaps the amount will be shown. Let us know if that doesn't work and we can dig deeper. I would be certain, though, that the absolute minimum would be that needed to cover the daily service charge (now $12 per passenger per day), but, of course, it could be higher.
Old 03-22-2010, 05:43 AM

Lisa, yes, I did check both but it didn't give me an amount. I figured I'd ask in case someone has actually done it and could tell me what they had to put down. Thanks
Old 03-22-2010, 06:16 AM
hpotterfan77
I'm sure you saw the same quote I did, it just says a deposit is required. It probably depends on how many people share your cabin and how long your cruise will be. I would email them directly using the contact us link. Include you reseration number and they will be able to tell you. You can also call their 800 number.
Happy Sailing!
Marsha

~
~ ~
____/7__/7__/7__________
\ :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: /
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Antigua Travel Deals & Special Offers
Old 03-22-2010, 09:03 PM

I always give them my credit card, then go down the night before and pay cash.
My mother always pay's with cash and they have asked her on the Pearl anyhow for $500 deposit, then if she gets to low they leave a note in our room for her to stop by and put more money in her account. hope this helps
Old 03-22-2010, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Quick question for all my helpful cruisechat people....I know that you can choose to settle your cruise tab with cash rather than credit card. If I were to choose this option, does anyone know what they make you put down as a deposit in the beginning? Thanks!
I've seen this same question posted on multiple cruise forums. I don't know. NCL sure doesn't make it easy to find out on their site. I'm guessing it would be pretty close to Carnival's. Just don't know for sure. I'd call them to find out for sure.

Dwayne
Old 03-23-2010, 09:06 AM

I imagine that the reason it isn't posted is that it would vary with the length of cruise and number of people. I'd plan for $500-$800 for a 7 day, and probably $250-$500 for a 3-4 day. This is just a stab in the dark, though.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:37 AM

Thanks everyone. I finally found time and called them yesterday. I'm still a little confused on the cash thing (they said they basically tell you $100/day and if you get below that you have to give more) and they said they typically hold $300.00 on a debit and re-authorize more if you go above that. I suppose I will figure it all out in 3 1/2 weeks when I'm finally relaxing on my first cruise. It can't come soon enough!
Old 03-23-2010, 10:42 AM

Just a word of caution, if you're using a debit card and they place a hold on it, it may not be lifted for a couple of weeks after you return. We've had a few people on our board state that they went to use their debit card only to find out there was a hold on their account from the cruise line and they were quite unhappy about it.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:18 PM
hpotterfan77 - The cash deposit usually varies with the length of the cruise. In Years past I have put down in advance as follows: On 1 niters usually $100US ; 2-4 nites usually $300US; 6-7 Nites usually $500US....I find it more practical to use a credit card nowadays. For Cruises longer than 7 days I have always used a card.You might check with your TA as to the latest info regarding cash deposits.
Note: That deposit is a per passenger amount!

Bon Voyage,

BillyBuzzy

Closed Thread

Tags
account, amount, bill, cabin, carnival, cash, checkin, cruise, daily, deposit, end, ncl, put, settle, settline