Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2007, 08:47 AM

Ok, I see there are quite a bit of loyal NCL passengers here, with that in mind, which ship would you recommend if we were to give NCL a second chance. Please keep in mind, that the Majesty is not a ship I wish to cruise on again because of my physical limitations. I prefer a larger boat, and a little more activity on board.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:17 AM

Take the newest one:

NORWEGIAN PEARL

It's the best you can get actually and if you are still disappointed then NCL is not the right cruise line for you!

Have fun anyway!

Regards,
HeinBloed
Old 01-29-2007, 05:04 PM
Banned

I would recommend the Spirit. It's not as large as the Pearl, but it's also not as crowded.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:39 PM
Banned

Gayle:

We have cruised the NCL Star, NCL Jewel, NCL Dream and this week will be the new NCL Pearl on Feb 2nd, 2007 then again in May to Alaska. We did the Jewel just after three months after being completed in its build. It was great, just beautiful. We are very excitied about the Pearl, but the Jewel is beautiful and would choose one of the newest mega cruisers (Jewel or Pearl). NCL offers a great value to the consumer, our opinion. I have posted here several times, and have read very negative comments about NCL cruises, but will admit and admit strongly they offer one of the best cruise values, and we have NEVER had a problems with NCL. We always go with an objective mind. We are Platinum Lattitudes members and when on the Dream,, were treated like royalty. But the service has been great on all NCL cruises. Go with the newest state of the art ship. Shop around for the best value, and I would hope that you would not be disappointed. Just lower expectations, and if you enjoy better than what you thought, you will always have positive feelings and ever lasting memeories about NCL.

Enjoy, hope this helps a little.

Richard & Mary
Las Cruces, New Mexico USA

We are off to find the Pearl this Friday.......Bon Voyage.......complete cruise review to follow.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:38 PM
We completed a wonderful cruise aboard The Norwegian Dawn on 12/17/2006. This was our 15th cruise to date and it was the best. We have cruised Cunard,Royal Caribbean, Carnival,Holland-America,Chandris and Pacquet in the past. We rebooked for 2008 aboard the new Norwegian Gem. Many fellow passengers did the same while aboard.

Bon Voyage,
BillyBuzzy
Old 01-30-2007, 12:17 AM
Banned

Spirit is a fine ship.
Old 01-30-2007, 05:44 PM

We had a bad experience on the Majesty, but knowing what I now know, I will lower my standards. Also, this is a trip we are taking my son on for his birthday, so it will just be 3 of us, rather then 30. I can deal with problems head on with one room verses 9 different cabins. We are still working with NCL about what happened on our last cruise and I do have to say, they SEEM to be concerned. The travel agent we booked with is also considering refunding our money and pulling their contract with NCL. I hate to see that happen, but it goes to show, we are not the only ones. I will look into the bigger ships, and like you said, it is fairly inexpensive. Thanks everyone!

Closed Thread

Tags
ncl, pearl, reviews