Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2007, 08:05 AM

Thank you wanderer34 foryour comment. Shamely to say, but I do agree with you. I really hate thisbecause NCL, as far as I know, is the only cruise line that will hire americans. Other cruise only hire either 100% or mostly Non-Americans to work on ther cruiselines. So let me say that my hat goes off to NCL cruiseline for hiring Americans.
Old 09-05-2007, 08:36 AM

This is contiune from the statement above.

It is sad that the Americans is messing up the reputation of NCL, the only cruiseline to give Americans an opportunity. I have a bad feeling in my stomach that if the Americans contiune to mess up and to bring down the reputation of NCL, then they will avoid hiring ANY Americans. I just hope if NCL ever results to this that they will only fire the Americans that think that they are only there for a cruise and not to work and leave the Americans who don't mind a little hard work and really enjoy there jobs. To me I think that this is one of the best jobs in the world. You get to travel and see the world for free.Because everything is paid for, then the amount of money that you could save is un-limited. You get to travel to places that only you could just dream of going. This is not an everyday boring 8 hr job and you meet new people every week. I can contiune forever with this, but I will end by saying AMERICANS THAT DO NOT LIKE THERE JOBS AND A LITTLE HARD WORK, PLEASE DO NOT MESS IT UP FOR THOSE WHO DO LIKE THER JOBS AND DON'T MIND A LITTLE HARD WORK.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:53 PM

This is a public message for Mr. Tim Reid.
Sir I've been monitoring your conversations on Cruise Chat since July 07. The Last Bill for Pride of Hawaii has been filled and all hands are on board. Have you had your Physical,been given a report date to Piney Point, or heard from you NCLA recruiter in the past weeks? Sir the Hiring process has a window of only 30-45 days. Applicants are excepted or rejected in this time. Once you report to training at Piney Point, a full FBI Backround check with fingerprints is performed a 29 page questionair and sworn statements on past Crimes and Violations to include any casual drug use are made public record the time to receive you Merchant Marine Document can take as long as 60 days. Sir are you still in the system or have you been rejected. I see no forcast for your being added to the safty Bill.
Old 09-07-2007, 07:42 AM

I already had my physical.It seems to me that things have changed a little in reguards to the hiring process( per my recuriter). They no longer do the 4 weeks of training, but instead just one week. My recuriter sent me to Teledo about 3 weeks ago to turn in my application, to get finger printed and to get sworned in. I now have to wait until my Merchant card comes in and then my recuriter will call me to send me to Mayland for 1 week of training, then straight off to Hawaii. All of this information is straight from my recuriter's mouth.
Old 09-09-2007, 08:36 AM

Tim - I am interested in applying with NCLA as a utility galley. I have a few questions regarding the job though and would like to talk to a recruiter about them. Is there a way you can get me the contact info to your recruiter, or provide him with mine and ask that he contact me? There is a job fair about 60 miles away from me this week and am debating on going or not, as I cannot start until next June.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:04 AM

To lumofny.

I will be more than happy to give you my recuriter information, but inorder to reserve the privacy of this ionformation on this chat line you may email me at fred5100@yahoo.com and I will give you this information. Thi process take a long time before you are hire so I sugess you get started right away.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:14 PM

Mr Reid: Turn your application in,, to Whom, Did you Fax all requied documents to the numbers in Miam? You took the personality profile first thing on line. Then you answered all the questions that were put to you and then you should have faxed your Resume to the number given you at Corporate in Miam or in Hawaii. Hire Right will check your work history and then along with your Physical you would be on track. If your are indeed waiting for your MMD and you have no faulups, Once the MMD comes in then you receive your training at the Paul Hall center. If I see your making comments on Cruise chat 2 months from now that really will be a red flag. I wish you luck in your future endevors.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:33 AM

I have done everything that you mention above. I have also recived my MMD card and now just waiting for my training day.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:03 AM

Guess what everybody, I finally got my call that I have been waiting for for a while.I will be leaving for training on september 29th, then I will go straight to Hawaii. It took a long wait, but now the time has finally come. Hope to see the new-comers soon.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:05 PM
Administrator

Congratulations, Tim, and all the best to you on your new endeavor!

Closed Thread

Tags
america, call, cruise, job, line, long, ncl, ncla, norwegian, reviews, staff, wait, worker, workers, working