Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2007, 01:23 PM

As I have read several times before that NCL hiring americans was a big mistake because of Americans being lazy and just not getting the job done. My question is this still true?
Old 07-31-2007, 01:42 PM
Banned

I don't believe that was ever true.

Inexperienced would have been the word I would have used. And yes, there's still plenty of inexperienced American workers working aboard NCL ships.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:26 AM

Tim,

add "naive" to what Ron wrote. Apparently, a fairly large number of Americans who want to work for NCL America have no idea what to expect and obviously think they are going to get "cruises for free with some minor amount of work".

That is despite NCL America IMHO trying its best to make any potential employees understand that working on a cruise ship is very hard work, indeed.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 08-01-2007, 03:00 AM
This goes for many young people in the western world. From my time in NCL I remember a lot of "blue-eyed" americans, brits, norwegians etc coming onboard thinking they were on vacation.

It's also a huge difference between cruise staff crew: American / canadian girls are taking a few contracts on a ship to party and have some fun while cruise staff from f.example asian countries are onboard to support a whole family.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 08-03-2007, 07:41 AM

Thank you everyone who applied to my question.To Raoul I do understand what you are saying about Americans wanting to work for NCL just to pary, but don't realize the hard work that comes with it. However, I do understand the long hours and days that are required to work on a cruise ship. I worked a job before that required to work 7days a week at 8hrs a day for 7 months straight, which was not for a cruise industry at all. I am not scared of hard work at all, but check this out, the reason why I said all of this is because I have applied for NCL on June 8th. They have not gotten back to me as far as when training is and it is now Aug.3. I contiune to email them to let them know that I am excited about working for them and would do a great job, but again nothing. I don't understand what is going on ,but I am very frustrated at this point of time. Are there any suggestions from you of what I should do?
Old 08-03-2007, 08:53 AM

Tim,

I see why you are frustrated and I would certainly be frustrated in your position, as well.

Sadly, I have no suggestions for you.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 08-05-2007, 12:19 PM

Tim I gotta tell ya you had me fooled, I really thought you were serious about working for NCLA, but it turns out your just blowing smoke. . This web site. is one huge Spam for Carnival. Lets all just get a life.
Old 08-05-2007, 12:33 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Utility Galley POH:
Tim I gotta tell ya you had me fooled, I really thought you were serious about working for NCLA, but it turns out your just blowing smoke. . This web site. is one huge Spam for Carnival. Lets all just get a life.
I have edited your post since it violated our forum rule against personal attacks. Please note that I did not delete your words which allege we are a bunch of Carnival toadies - which we are not but you are entitled to that opinion.

Please note that personal attacks or insulting language used against forum members is not allowed. You may review our forum rules here.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:28 AM

This message is for Utility Galley POH. I do not understand why you would say that I was just kidding around about working for NCLA. If you knew what I am going through and how much effort that I am putting into just to work for them, then you would not have made that STUPID comment. What give you the right or authority to determine who is interested or not in working for NCLA. If you have that much power, then you should apply for God'S position
Old 09-02-2007, 12:19 PM

Good luck Tim,

Your willingness to perform had work is admirable...Some can't conceive of it because they are lazy, welfare recipients or union members...lol

I volunteered for the YMCA as a kid and spent many hours serving & washing dishes in the galley each day from 5am till 8pm every day at Camp Marston, Ca.

That was great practice for the years I spent in the Navy working 12 on 12 off for 6 month deployments...

There's just no telling why some people are so lazy...

Closed Thread

Tags
america, call, cruise, job, line, long, ncl, ncla, norwegian, reviews, staff, wait, worker, workers, working