Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2006, 09:08 PM
We just booked this great deal on the Wind and wondering if anyone else took advantage of the great prices. I have always wanted to do a Hawaiian cruise. Not the best ship choice but could not beat the price.

Edit: Moved to NCL Corporation forum. RF
Old 03-04-2006, 05:40 AM

Hi Sandy,

My wife and I are sailing on the Wind departing April 1, 2006. This will be our first trip to Hawaii and on NCL. We have cruised many times on other cruise lines.

We are very excited about the trip especially sine we grabbed an owners suite at a very good rate.

Perhaps we can make arrangements to meet on-board.

Bill & Linda Johnson
Old 03-04-2006, 07:17 AM
Hi Bill, An owners suite? Must be nice! Maybe someday I will splurg. So you have never been to Hawaii? You will love it. Ohau is getting very commercialized and crowded. I remember my first visit for my 21st B-Day many years ago. It has changed a lot since then. I assume you are arriving a few days early to enjoy Ohau. When and where are you staying? Where are you flying in from? We are flying from Phoenix. Our first cruise on NCL too. I said I would never sail with them. Won't go into it here but if we meet up I will tell you about it.
Old 03-08-2006, 06:58 PM

SanDee,

We're going in the day before cruise day from Milwaukee Wisconsin. We are at the Sheraton Princess. Looking forward to the warmer weather and a relaxing cruise..

What about you? When do you arrive.

Bill & Linda
Old 03-11-2006, 08:28 AM
Bill,
We are flying in 3 days before (March 29). We wanted to stay at the Hale Koa (Military hotel) but they are booked. They referred us to the Aqua Palms. Great price but does not compare to the Hale Koa on the beach for less than $100.00 a night. Too bad you are not spending more time in Ohau if you have never been. So much to do! Will you be able to go to Pearl Harbor? We are still debating whether to rent a car for the 3 days or just one. We like to drive to the north shore. The island is beautiful. Waikiki is so crowded and commercialized. There is a private beach where you have to climb down a small cliff to get to. It is where they filmed From Here to Eternity. Also enjoy Hanauma Bay but memories of a BAD sunburn. Don't want to start out my vacation that way again! We will do a Luau on Thursday. They have a beautiful Mall. We always make a stop there. Great food court! I can taste those Mai Tai's now! Did you buy any Hawaiian shirts? Asked my husband before we went the first time if he wanted any and he said NO! Got to Hawaii and everyone was wearing them. We made a quick trip to the mall to pick some up. Even the young men were wearing them. When in Hawaii! Picked some up at Wal Mart last night...cheaper! Hubby has some that he has never worn so I think he is set. 17 days to go............Aloha!
Old 03-11-2006, 09:58 AM

Bill and SanDee let me know what you think of the ship and the cruise overall. I'd like to hear your opinion on the freestyle cruising and so forth. We are booked on the Wind for Alaska in July & thinking of Hawaii next year.
I'd appreciate your feedback after your trip.
Enjoy your holiday,
Zina
Old 03-11-2006, 06:15 PM
Zina,

I will write a review when I return. Never wrote a negative one yet and hope this will not be the first. As long as I do not get food poisening and the bed is not like a futon as some have described I will be OK. I am going to see the beautiful Hawaiian Islands and then have a very relaxing and carefree cruise home. What could be so bad with that?
Old 03-12-2006, 08:29 AM

Hello SanDee
We have spoken before in another post. We are a family of four coming from Alberta Canada. We are flying in on the 30th. Plane lands around lunch time. We will be staying at the Hilton Hawaiian Village. It is where I decided I wanted to stay last we were there 8 years ago. Hope that we will not be disappointed. We have been on the Wind before but it was 6 years ago for Alaska and it was before Freestyle. We were happy with the ship then and the staff....hopefully freestyle is not a negative thing.
Old 03-12-2006, 03:57 PM

I'll also post a review of the NCL Wind upon our return.

Bill
Old 03-31-2006, 09:58 PM

Quote:
I will write a review when I return
SanDee, Can't wait to read your review
Have a wonderful time & Aloha

Closed Thread