Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2005, 08:36 PM
Banned

Hi Torialynn,

You will want to check your flight seating allocations before you go. It would be nice to fly with your spouse in a seat next to you. We just returned from Hawaii (NCL Pride of Aloha package) Feb. 20 - 28/th. We were traveling with a group of fourteen people. We were split among the five hundred other people on the plane. That was not so bad, except none of us were sitting with our spouses for the 9-Ĺ hr. flight to New York. Same thing happened going there.
It was our 41st anniversary gift to each other for my wife and I. Switching seats was impossible when that many people boarding the plane. After you stuff your carrions in the overhead compartment or under the seat you have to sit down so other passengers can get to their seats. If it werenít for the nice couple giving up their seat my brother in-law and his wife would have to take another flight. United was unable put we together and said it was Liberty Travel Agency fault. Liberty says its NCLís fault because they forward the groups data to them and they issued the arrangements. This issue now pending.
I have taken several cruises before and never encountered any hardships like this. I paid a little over five thousand dollars for my wife and I expecting better treatment. Perhaps sometime in the future I can look back on the positive things of this cruise but right now it is tainted with this bad experience.
I hope your anniversary trip holds good memories for you and be sure to confirm your seating allocations
Old 03-08-2005, 12:57 AM

Hi I just returned from my cruise on the NCL Sun. It was my first cruise and I was a little nerveous, But Let me set you straight, the day arriving and the day departing is a little hectic. But other than that I had a wonderfull time. I was also sailing alone. So that made it a little awkward. I suggest you wait till the end of the cruise to buy pictures, I have found you can get a better deal, I got all of mive for only $30 instead of around $90. They are real friendly on the ship. I notice the entertainment was nice too. Things can go wrong, but always look on the bright side. But have fun and take care of each other.
Old 03-08-2005, 07:43 AM

Mondupete, this kind of air seating arrangement is common with group bookings, as only the number of seats is booked early - the individual ones are arranged late in the game, after direct-booking passengers have purchased their seats. The situation is not your travel agent's fault nor that of the cruise line - it's just what happens with groups. I'm glad you had help from some other folks who switched seats so you and your wife could sit together.

A friend of mine has had this happen to her and her husband often, as they usually travel with a group. Her attitude is, the back of the plane gets there at the same time as the front of the plane, and they can spend the rest of the time together, so it's no big deal.
Old 03-08-2005, 07:45 AM

Sorry, I misread your post - apparently it was your relatives that got lucky with the cooperative fellow passengers. However, if you had a good time on the cruise and arrived safely back home, that's what counts in the long run.
Old 03-08-2005, 11:09 AM

Mondupete,

Thanks for the reply. My husband and I won't be flying because we live one hour from New Orleans into Mississippi. But thanks for the valuable information. Congrats to you on being married for 41 years, what an accomplishment!

Thanks for the congrats to us. I am so looking forward to this cruise - I think I have "Cruise-on-the-brain" This is our first cruise - one of many I hope. Anyway thank you again for the reply. Victoria
Old 03-08-2005, 11:25 AM

Torialynn
I know it will be quite hard, but try to get some rest before the cruise. When the ship leaves the dock, you won't be in the open gulf till about midnight, and the cruise down the Mississippi is very interesting. Coast Guard boats follow you almost the whole way, with a Coast Guard helicopter also. The other freighters, the towns on the way down, the lights...

David Landry
Old 03-08-2005, 01:31 PM

David,

My friend just came back from a cruise on the "Sensation" and she told me the same thing. Even though I live about one hour away - I thought that the ship said pretty much on the gulf- I am such a dummy - I didn't think that there was still a trip to make down the Mississippi. I am so excited - I just want to savor every minute - not wasting a moment on sleep. I want to breathe in the whole experience. I haven't even gone yet and I want to plan my next - crazy huh???? I am reading alot about motion sickness - did you experience that? I have taken a "cruise" on a Navy Ship an LHD - (amphibious assault ship) from Pascagoula, MS to Pensacola, Florida - it is pretty big and I didn't feel anything - so I am not sure if I will get sick or not. Thanks again for the reply. Victoria
Old 03-08-2005, 01:34 PM

Victoria
You will experience even less motion of the cruise ship. Sure there will be an ox=ccasional wave, a little rocking, but you get that in a bathtub too. You will have a blast!

David Landry
Old 03-08-2005, 07:28 PM
Banned

Karen,
We paid a little over $5,000 per couple and seeking the prevailing wisdom of a professional for personalized service for our travel needs rather than obtaining tickets from Cruise Shopping.com at a cost of a little less than $2,000 w/air fare. Itís not the money; itís the service.
We paid our deposit 5 months in advance and the balance December 1, 2004 for the February 20/th 2005 cruise. That is plenty of time for securing seating on the airplane. The travel agency was aware of our needs and desires and appeared to be surprised when I called them after the trip.
We were giving assistance to one couple that couldnít speak a lick of English. This adds to my above complaint. Not unconvinced but a hardship. We didnít pay for a deeply discounted bulk class of service in the game of random luck.
My rant is only related to this travel and if Iím not justified in what Iím saying, oh! Somebody please pour a bucket of cold water on me.

Mondupete
Old 03-16-2005, 09:27 AM

Hi!
I'm still researching ports of call. Our plans have changed a little. In Belize we booked an excursion with Coral Breezes limited. It's similar to NCL Shark Ray Alley and Beach day but includes an extra snorkel site, no age limitations, and I can live with the price. Our plans in Cozumel have also changed. I've found the best place to snorkel from shore. It's called Dzul Ha. There isn't a beach so we will snorkel here for a couple hours and then move on to a beach resort. I've yet to make up my mind as to which beach resort to stay at. Still researching!!! Our plans in Cancun are open for any suggestions. Can you tell we like snorkeling and the beach....

Closed Thread