Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2005, 07:39 PM

Am sailing on the Dream on March 27, 2005. We have never cruised before and this is also our 25th Wedding Anniversary. Have read some of the reviews on various sites and am slightly worried. We supposedly booked the last available cabin (deck 4 - inside cabin) Sure hope isn't as bad as I am imagining. Anyway - hoping to hear from someone who has been on the Dream that can provide some advice, tips or whatever! I am also trying to plan excursions. Any help would gladly be received. Thanks
Old 02-14-2005, 07:39 PM

Am sailing on the Dream on March 27, 2005. We have never cruised before and this is also our 25th Wedding Anniversary. Have read some of the reviews on various sites and am slightly worried. We supposedly booked the last available cabin (deck 4 - inside cabin) Sure hope isn't as bad as I am imagining. Anyway - hoping to hear from someone who has been on the Dream that can provide some advice, tips or whatever! I am also trying to plan excursions. Any help would gladly be received. Thanks
Old 02-15-2005, 06:06 AM

Torialynn

Happy Anniversary! Be sure to let your travel agent and/or the cruise line know you will be celebrating it onboard. It just might get you an upgrade. As for an inside cabin, I actually prefer it to an outside cabin. You will sleep better, and paying hundreds more for a little portrhole or small window to see nothing outside but water, as in port you will surely be on deck or off ship.

The Dream is a beautiful ship, with pleasant crew, and you will love it. As with anything, if you go around making everyone else, crew and others miserably, expect the same in return. The crew is human, and though they will do their best to make you happy, there is a limit. Do unto others......

David
Old 02-15-2005, 10:17 AM

David, Thanks for your positive advice. I do feel better about the cabin and the ship in general. As I have never cruised before, it is hard not knowing what to compare it to. I always try to have a positive attitude - just gets a little discouraging when you read bad reviews. I also try to live by "do unto others" I think some people may have unreal expectations or maybe just arent very happy people anyway. Thanks again - if you have any advice on any of the port excursions, please let me know (Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, and Cancun) Thanks again, Victoria
Old 02-15-2005, 03:40 PM

Hi Torialynn,
We are going on the Dream March 13 with our two teenage sons. I too have read the reviews and am a bit worried. I cruised NCL twice many years ago and it was a blast. We booked an inside cabin as in reality you are not in it that much anyhow. This is the itinerary we are looking at: Cozumel-snorkeling with Eagle Ray Divers/Roatan-Sail&Snorkel with Captain Dusty/Belize-CaveTubing with XStream/Cancun-we hope to do the Shark Encounter and Senor Frogs (my son's request for his 19th birthday that day). Check online and there is alot to choose from and most vendors are really good about getting back to you quickly (although I am still waiting on Shore Trips).
Have a great time! Cruising is wonderful!
Old 02-15-2005, 07:42 PM

Hey Busters Mom,
Thanks for the reply. I am so glad when I get a response. This is a big investment for a vacation - so one wants to get as much info as you can. I am glad to hear I'm not the only one getting an inside cabin as well. Thought maybe I was going to be missing something - but as you say, your not in there much anyway. I was thinking for Cozumel - go to Paradise Beach (looks really nice) and then into town for some shopping - My travel agent says to go to "Los Cinco Soles: great shopping and decent prices without all the haggleing. For Belize - we really want to do Mayan ruins, thinking about the Lamanai-New river trip. Not sure yet about Roatan - maybe beach day again. And Cancun -not sure either. Have read many posts saying they didn't get to stop there. Sure hope we get to. I haven't even gone yet and I want to book another one!!!! Sounds like you have it all together. Thanks again for the help. Have a wonderful time.
Old 03-02-2005, 08:31 PM

Hi!
I am going on this cruise (single mom) with my two young girls. Anyone else out there going on this cruise??
Old 03-03-2005, 09:24 AM

Hey NJcruiseingmom - finally glad to see someone else answer the roll-call. I think that from your username - you must be from New Jersey. This cruise will sure be nice and warm for you after a cold winter. We live in Mississippi, about an hour from New Orleans - so not too far for us to go. How old are your girls??? We are leaving our 4 behind and finally having a trip all to ourselves. Do you have an inside or outside cabin??? Hope to hear back from you. Victoria
Old 03-04-2005, 05:01 PM

Hello "Tori":
I too am on Deck 4....outside cabin. I've never sailed NCL, with all of the mixed reviews, I remain optimistic. My girls are 10 and 7. We went on a Disney cruise and now this. I'm excited and they are as well. I planned to arrive in New Orleans two days prior to the cruise so that we can spend time exploring the city. I've been there before, but the kids never have, so it'll be a "child-tour" in New Orleans. Let's keep in touch....we'll meet soon!
Old 03-05-2005, 10:07 AM

My familyof 4(husband and wife of 13 years and daughters ages 9,6) will also be cruising the Dream on 3/27/05. My brothers family is also cruising. He has two daughters ages 10, and 13. I 've spent many hours of many days researching for this cruise. So far we plan on taking a cab to Chanakaab Park to spend a relaxing day by the water snorkeling. This will be our second trip there. In Roatan we will be taking a cab to Luna Beach resort. This is where Temtation Island was filmed. An American Couple owns the resort. In Belize I believe we will be doing a cruise sponsored excursion titled Shark Ray Alley & Beach Lunch. This excursion cost $89 a person x Four. I'm not thrilled about the price so it better be worth it. I'm still trying to figure out what we will be doing in Cancun. I want to find a resort that excepts day use cruise passengers. I want to plant myself on the beach but have the facilities of a resort. I'm still looking.

Closed Thread