Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2008, 06:32 PM
I was on the Pearl last year and the entertainment was lacking....Going again in January...how is the recent entertainment? Jean Ann Ryan still doing the main shows??...Thanks for the help.....

Bob E
Old 11-24-2008, 07:58 PM
Bob E

We did the Pearl early Oct 2008, Jean Ann Ryan is still doing the main shows -- they were a little flat but the other acts / shows were good. Jean Ann Ryan have been on most all the cruise lines we have done (2002 - 2008), they were good years back but now they seem somewhat good but are lacking the real snap.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 11-25-2008, 03:01 PM
Hi Bentnail,

Thanks for the response...I've done 14 cruises with NCL and Jean Ann Ryan has been the main entertainment for all those cruises....We have noticed that the shows have been lacking in content and have not been as entertaining....We were on a RCL cruise last year and was really pleased with their shows...We also were on a Carnival to Alaska in Sept and the entertainment was the worse of any ship we've been on...was just hoping they had changed the shows on the Pearl from last year...Oh well, it's still better than watching TV...Happy Cruising...

Bob E
Old 11-25-2008, 03:54 PM
Administrator

I remember "back in the day" when the JARC put on Broadway shows for the pax. I still think NCL is above average in entertainment; yet, at the same time, the other lines have improved tremendously. But NCL still has my two favorites -- Elvy Rose and Jane L. Powell ("I payed for my cruise.")
Old 11-25-2008, 04:00 PM
Administrator

Although I am not a big fan of NCL I freely admit the best big shows I've ever seen were on NCL - and it was back in the 90's. Grease on the Seaward was spectacular, and so was The Will Rogers Follies on the Norway. I remember excitement and anticipation in the air those nights. You really needed to get to the showroom early - and I mean at least 30 minutes early - to get a good seat.

Old 11-25-2008, 06:20 PM
Cirque Bijou on the Jewel was by far the best of the NCL shows we've seen...with Les Mes coming in second....I guess those BIG productions were to costly to continue....even the talent has slipped a bit too...the performers were top of the line, but have been the B team lately....but like I said earlier, it's better than staying home and watching TV..
Happy Sailing...

Bob E
Old 11-25-2008, 08:37 PM
On the Jewel, Cirque Bijou was a good show, but the emphasis was on the acrobatics and the singing was not so good, so we skipped the other performance. We were just on the Majesty and the singers were really good. Also, the house band on the Majesty was very good. Of course, the Majesty's theatre can't accomodate a show like Cirque Bijou.

Need some cruise help?
Old 12-02-2008, 11:54 PM
I will be sailing on the NCL Pearl next week (Yes..on Pearl Harbor Day). I hope I enjoy the entertainment.

I have been on one RCL cruise (The Sovereign/Seas). I really enjoyed the entertainment on that ship; perhaps the best I have expierienced.

I have since been on three Carnival cruises (the Inspiration, Glory and Triumph). The entertainment was very good. Although... I really did not care for all the "self-promoting" performances Carnival does involving the dancers and their routine with the Carnival mascott "Funship Freddie" while on stage.

So, I can't wait for my cruise onboard the Pearl next week. I will see what the entertainment is like onboard that ship.

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, elvy, entertainment, ncl, pearl, reviews, rose