Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2009, 07:35 AM

Does anyone know if a promotion will replace Pity the Procastinator? Right not it costs $199 for a third and fourth passenger and I was wondering if that is going to be lower. I am locked in to my 1st and 2nd passenger rate but the promotion ends on August 2nd and curious as to whether the wait is worth the risk.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:08 AM

Welcome to Cruise-Chat

No way of knowing what they will have next. But they are always having something. PTP is a good deal for the upgrades. The third and fourth rate is also a good rate.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:18 AM

Thanks! I am actually planning this for a group ( thats why I have the 1st & 2nd rate locked in). So the $199 rate includes $165 in port fees. I am having trouble getting a check cut before the sale is over. Do you think this rate will stay the same or get any lower? I am just afraid of it increasing.

When they offer free third and fourth passenger does that include port fees?

Thanks again!
Old 07-31-2009, 03:19 PM

How big is your group? Are you dealing with the group department? They would have a rate locked in for you and usually 30 days to get deposits. The group department might not have same offers though as individual reservations. Even with individual reservations you should be able to hold a reservation for several days.

Since I don't know what date and ship your
looking at it is hard to say if rates will go up or down. If your looking at sailing during a peak time when schools are on break you probably should book now. If the ship is filling up according to the set goals of the cruise line they may go up.

3rd & 4th passengers still pay port fees and government taxes.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:13 PM

Hi,

I am dealing with the group department and the contract does not list a 30-day window. We will have the deposit in by then but thank you for the heads-up!

It does sail on March 6th on the Gem so I am trying to push the powers that be. Do you have any ideas what can be done? If I book the reservations and am a few days late with the payment, is the entire contract forfited?

You have great insightful information and I can't express how much this truly helps me.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:59 PM

Usually you can ask for an extension if you have deposits on most of the blocked cabins. This tells them that you have been actively promoting the group. They usually will give an extension to give you more time to sell the remaining cabins. If the ship is getting full though they can recall the unsold space. I would push to get those deposits.
Old 08-01-2009, 08:20 AM

I am pushing! I don't think I am having any luck tho I believe we are going to miss this promotion's deadline(Sunday.

On the brighter side, I had read in my contract deposits are due by November 6th and the $699 rate I have is good until then (only for the first 2 passegers).

I can only hope that a promotion as great as PTP will soon follow. I also hope it applies to groups as well as individuals.

Thanks again for the help!
Old 08-03-2009, 06:05 AM

whoo hoo PTP has been extended! The terms and conditions have not been updated, but this should buy me some more time.

Closed Thread