Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2008, 03:12 AM

Dear Cruise chatters!

I am going on my 3rd cruise in 5 days, the Baltic's capitals on the Norwegian Jewel. My last two cruises where on the Caribbean Princess and Legend of the Seas and where to say the least wonderfull. Yet I have been reading alot of terrible reviews about the Jewel and NCL. I had never actully planned to sail with them, I was booked on the Island PRincess Alaksa cruise/ cruise tour but when I saw the offer for the Jewel I bought it without reading to many reviews etc. But now all reviews except a couple say the ship is terrible etc. anyone sailed on the jewel or her sisters and can confirm or unconfirm my worries? Iv also brought my dad and a couple of his friends along, so is it really that bad!!?

Read and post cruise reviews]
Old 07-10-2008, 05:39 AM
I really don't know what is BAD about the Jewel. It's a beautiful ship, and when I sailed on her, the crew was wonderful...I did write a review on the Jewel on Cruise Reviews....the only complaint I had was the lobster night, it wasn't very good...outside of that, the Jewel was a Jewel...I've sailed on her sister ship the Pearl and was more than happy with that ship too...in fact, I'm sailing on her again in either January or February...I'm sure you wil have a GREAT cruise on the Jewel....Happy sailing..

Bob E
Old 07-10-2008, 06:08 AM

Please don't take negative reviews too seriously. There are some legitmate gripes out there, but for the most part a negative review is from someone who had something go wrong and decided the WHOLE cruise was a bust. NCL will not be like Princess or Royal, but they offer a very good product at a very good price. I don't think you'll have anything to worry about. Just go with an open mind that this will be a new experience. Just like Royal was different than Princess. Best wishes for a fantastic cruise. By the way, if you'll copy the "bb" code into your signature, your ticker will work.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:47 PM

I think people need to take reviews with a grain of salt and remember the 3-11 rule. Statisticly if someone has a good experience they will tell on average 3 people, but if someone has a bad experience they will tell on average 11 people. I work in health care where we use this rule very often. And If you look in the newspapers as a society we love negativity, we love to talk about bad experiences and we love to listen to them. No wonder kids have so many problems these days. Well enough of my ranting. Just stop reading reviews and look forward to a wonderful cruise, the experience is what YOU make of it.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:56 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I think people need to take reviews with a grain of salt and remember the 3-11 rule. Statistically if someone has a good experience they will tell on average 3 people, but if someone has a bad experience they will tell on average 11 people.

Great advice! I cannot agree more with you. Too many people are all too willing to let someone else's subjectivity guide their decisions.

Closed Thread

Tags
alaksa, ncl, ratings