Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2006, 09:29 AM

We are considering another cruise. This time the Jewel - good deal but cabin is on Deck 4. Never been so low on the ship. However, the price is right. We are not prone to motion. But all previous ships we were mid ship level on Decks 7 or 8. Any problems anticpated??

edited by Dave to fix subject line.
Old 10-27-2006, 09:33 AM
Administrator

The only problem you should have is a slightly longer elevator ride to the pools. If the price is right, go for it!
Old 11-15-2006, 03:32 PM

We were on the Jewel at Easter and had an outside cabin an deck 5, we peaked at the inside cabins and they looked the same, minus the window. Hope that helps
Old 11-15-2006, 10:20 PM

We were also just in an outside cabin on the Jewel, deck 5. It was fine -- and the inside ones looked basically the same layout. The only weird thing is the deck layout when it comes to getting to Tsar's palace (one of the main dining rooms). It's located deck 6 aft and you can't get there from deck 4 or deck 5 without going up to deck 7 at either midship or forward, walking aft on deck 7, and heading down a half-flight of stairs to the restaurant.

Also, the gangways for the ports are on deck 4. I don't know if that would lead to any extra noise, but you might want to be aware of that aspect too.
Old 01-06-2007, 03:37 PM

Pink845 here. We cruised in late Nov 06 and were in cabin 4511. Cabin accomodations were fine. No problem there. But the location will kill you. I swear I thought my hours very numbered on that ship. A cabin like this so low and so close to the front will leave you feeling like you are about the capsize. The sound of the wind at night and the noise from the engines was enough to keep me reading my book in front of reception on Deck 7 5 nights out of 7. We heard a lot of banging and clanging as well. My next cruise is booked for Med in August on Deck 9 absolulely mid ship on the Freedom. No more of this cheap cabins because it is just too noisy, rocky and SCAREY.
Old 01-07-2007, 07:46 PM

I was on deck 4 of the Jewel, right up front. The cabin was fine, our location of being up front made it noisey. I've been midship on decks 4, 5 with no problems before. If it's a deal take it just try to get midship.

Closed Thread

Tags
4, cabin, carnival, cruise, cruising, deck, good, inside, interior, jewel, line, ncl, norwegian, reviews, ship, ships