Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2008, 04:34 AM

I'm going on the Sun in two weeks to Carribean. It will be my husband, 15 yr old son, and me. We haven't cruised in 20 years. Lots of questions. Hope you all can help us.
1) What do you recommend to do in Roatan? Hang out at beach, shop, tour? I saw an excursion for SNUBA. Is that fun?
2) We have heard from lots of people that the Cabe Tube excursion in Belize is a must, so we will sign up for that. But when? Is it cheaper online or same price on the ship? What kind of shoes do you recommend to walk on muddy trails and then end up in the water tubing? If all of us are tubing, what do we do with valuables thing that shouldn't get wet?
3) What do you recommend for Cozumel? Is the parasailing excursion pretty good? I saw the Discover Scuba diving excursion.
4) What do you recommend we do in Honduras?
5)Should we pack our own mask and snorkel, since we plan to do a lot of it?
6) Any recommendations for waterproof containers we should carry for valuables? Is that even necessary?
7)No one has had any trouble with eating food off the boat on shore?
8) I remember 20 yrs ago when we cruised, we were greeted in the Bahamas by poor kids holding out tin cups for money and acting pathetic. Depressing site for sure. Is there still any of that?
Lots of questions. Hope to get lots of ideas from you frequent cruisers. Thanks so much for your input.
Old 03-01-2008, 05:54 AM
Administrator

Hi Catlover1213, and welcome to cruise-chat.com!

You might find answers to some of your questions on our Caribbean chat board, located here. Sorry that I can't help with Roatan or Belize...haven't been there.

If you have your own masks and snorkels, I'd bring them. If you go on an excursion through NCL, they may still make you rent a vest through them, but at least you'll still have your own gear that fits correctly (and is more sanitary).

We've found that a ziploc works well as a waterproof container. You won't be bringing much ashore -- ship card, one credit card, photo ID (possibly), copy of first page of passport, a little cash, port agent info -- all of which can fit quite nicely into a ziploc. My husband's swim trunks have a pocket that zips, and we put the ziploc right in there.

If you are going to eat off-ship, get some recommendations from the crew. We've found them to be quite helpful.

Closed Thread

Tags
excursion, honduras, ncl, recommend, review, roatan, roattan, snuba