Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2008, 03:47 AM

Hi, I want to book a balcony room for my Alaska cruise out of Seattle through the Inside Passage to Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan, Victoria, Seattle on board the Norwegian Pearl. I am wondering if I should book a portside or starboardside cabin. Any suggestions? Which side has the nicer views (whales, bears, dolphins, glaciers...)
Thanks in advance, I am so excited, I cannot wait to go.
Lucy

P.S.: Oh and I did a cruise back in 1997 with the SS Norway does this make me a Latitudes member? And if so, where do I get to know my members number?
Old 08-10-2008, 07:26 AM
Administrator

Hi LUGI. I can't answer your port vs. starboard question, but I can answer your Latitudes question. Yes, you are a member, as you've cruised with NCL since 1995. If I recall correctly, you live in Europe, so you should contact Latitudes via email at latitudes-europe@ncl.com for your number.
Old 08-10-2008, 07:34 AM

Thank you so much for your quick answer. That means 200 Euros of savings.
Yes, I am from Europe, Germany, I will contact Ncl immediately through the email address you´ve given me.
Lucy
Old 08-10-2008, 12:19 PM

Hi Luigi,

I've not been on the Pearl, but I have done two NCL Alaska cruises. My vote is for Starboard side. It faces most ports as you arrive and has a lot of the mainland scenery on the way up where you can see some of the wildlife -- bring your binnoculars.

Judy
Old 08-10-2008, 04:28 PM
Hi Luigi,

You will get a great view from either side, and in Glacier Bay, the ship will pivot 360 so you will get a great view....bring warm clothes...I've been on the Pearl and she is a great ship...I'm sailing on her again in January....I will be in Alaska on a Carnival ship leaving on the 27th of this month....Alaska is WONDERFUL....Happy Sailing...

Bob E
Old 08-12-2008, 08:44 AM

Thanks for your answers, they were able to retrieve my latitudes number and I have booked a balcony cabin on deck 8 starboard side.
I cannot wait to go... :-)
Lucy

Closed Thread

Tags
alaska, alaskan, balcony, book, cruise, cruising, faces, inside, norwegian, passage, pearl, port, side, starboard, tips