Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2008, 11:03 AM

My friend and I are thinking of the May 25th cruise to Bermuda which docks at King's Wharf for three days. Does it pay to cruise to one port and still have the expense to reach other areas? How have others who have done this cruise found this, convenient or extremely inconvient?

Also, you will be away from the ship for some of the meals which means you will be needing to spend additional money for food. Is this expensive?

Thanks for any info you can give me--the pros and cons.
Old 03-31-2008, 12:31 PM
Banned

Bermuda is relatively small. Transportation is cheap because there's a very good public bus system and ferry system in Bermuda. Food is expensive in Bermuda. To help with that NCL has the Dine Ashore program.
Old 03-31-2008, 05:28 PM
In Bermuda you should be able to purchase a 3 day ferry pass for about $28 per person which will take care of a lot of your transport needs from King's Wharf. Food off ship will be high-Try the NCL Dine Around Program.

Bon Voyage,

BillyBuzzy
Old 03-31-2008, 05:35 PM

Thanks for your reply BillyBuzzy.
Linda
Old 04-03-2008, 03:59 PM

Hi, EVERYONE my husband and I are sailing on 5/25/08 to KINGS WHARF on NCL'S Dawn hope to meet some of you there we just booked some shore excursions,Billy hi I know I've spoken with you before what is the NCL Dine Around Program first time I'm hearing about this? We are really starting to get in the cruise mod now!!! This will be our second cruise first was on the Crown Priness in 06 we had a great time I'm hoping that this cruise will be as great but I know it is what you make of it. Hope to hear from all soon Vita
Old 04-03-2008, 04:19 PM

Hi Vita,
My girlfried and I will be on the same cruise. This is the first cruise for both of us and we are really looking forward to it. We are both in our 50's and hope to meet people of all ages to socialize with and just have a great time.

I would also be interested in learning about the dine around program. I have spoken to several people (not on cruise chat) and everyone seems to have conflicting opinions regarding the dining. Do you know if most of the restaurants are incuded in the price or does the original price only include buffets.
It would be great hearing from you.
Thanks.
Linda
Old 04-03-2008, 04:58 PM

Hi Linda,So nice to meet you I am also in my 50's we are celebrating our 25 wedding anniversary on this cruise so I'm really excited about it we come from PA will be taking a bus from here and back home.As far as your question don't quote me but I would say there should be a maine dining room besides the buffet and restaurants. The restaurants I believe are extra and I think you need to make reservations.I think its great you are going with a lady friend GOOD FOR THE BOTH OF YOU!!!! Hope you both have a great time and I hope to speak with you very soon Vita
Old 04-03-2008, 06:22 PM
Beachlover1-The Dawn's dining venues are for the most part totally free-the exceptions are:
1)Le Bistro @ $15/pp
2)Cagney's Steak House @ $20/pp
NOTE:Both Le Bistro and Cagny's run 2 for 1 specials!
3)Asian Restaurant (Chinese/Sushi/Teppanyake)pprice varies from $12.50 to $20 depending on style chosen.

The Dining around plan is for restaurants on the islands of Bermuda.

We are sailing the Dawn in Oct. to Bermuda-our 2nd Dawn cruise!

Bon Voyage,

BillyBuzzy
Old 04-04-2008, 09:21 AM

Thanks for the info BillyBuzzy.
Old 04-19-2008, 01:21 PM

Unfortunately, NCL's Dine Ashore program is no long available. Apparently the restaurants wanted a price increase, NCL didn't, so the restaurants decided not to participate.

Instead, NCL will provide passengers with brochures listing restaurants ashore.

We're sailing on the Dawn to Bermuda on 4/27.

Closed Thread

Tags
april, bermuda, cons, cruise, day, days, kings, port, pros, review, reviews, warf, weather, wharf, wharrf