Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2005, 08:58 AM

Hey-
Is anyone going on this quick fun trip to check out the new digs on the Spirit on 10/15? I honestly don't know what to expect. Hope somebody can give me a little insight!

Thanks!
Old 10-11-2005, 07:20 PM

I'm not going on that one but I would sure like to hear what you think of the ship. We are leaving on a 23 day cruise out of Vancouver on the 25th. Actually I would only like to hear the good news since we plan to have a positive outlook on this trip.
Old 10-12-2005, 04:07 AM

I am not going to be on that cruise, but I have done a couple of 1 day cruises in the past and I have mixed feelings about them. They are great for getting a "general feel" for the ship at a whirlwind pace. BUT, for me the problem is that I only get a taste! I am in such a hurry to see it all - that I really can't just sit back and enjoy the experience AND then I find it difficult to leave when it is time to disembark. With that said, I am most eager to hear what your thoughts and impressions of the ship are upon your return.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 10-16-2005, 02:25 PM

How was it?
Old 10-17-2005, 11:15 AM

It was fun! You have to realize that the ship just got out of dry-dock and a few things have been moved around, tweaked and enlarged, so the staff was a little slow in some areas, there were shortages at some bars, but I have to say they did a fabulous job. Some other guests did not see it this way and were a little "cranky" at times. They needed to take a pill and just have some fun. We knew what we were getting into and went with the flow.

The ship was running a little late getting out of port and there was some confusion at the time the muster was going to happen. First it was suppose to be at 4:30, then 5:00 and finally 5:30. It went a little longer and the woman next to me was bitching and finally I just told her to get over it. I got a nasty stare, but she shut the hell up!

We had dinner at the former Le Bistro witch is now called Cagney’s but has the menu to Maxims! It was a little confusing, but the food was great and had a lovely dinner. It was kind of odd though that with a name like "Cagney's" you would kind of think of Chicago in the '30s and not a beautiful Asian themed room!! No biggie for us. It was still fun.

We had not the best weather and our ship did plenty of rocking and rolling...up, down, back and fourth. The Promenade deck closed up because of the wind and the swells. It was quite an adventure though.

I can't say enough about the staff and how clean they kept that ship. I was impressed with the caliber of food and the bartenders poured generously.

I will in the future book another cruise with NCL. My next cruise is April 28th on Celebrity Infinity. I will keep you posted on that one!

Let me know if you have any other questions!

JOhn
Old 10-17-2005, 11:29 AM

John,
Thanks so much for the report. Glad you enjoyed it!
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 10-17-2005, 07:04 PM

Thanks for the review. We just were on the Spirit (end of August/beginning of September) to Alaska and thought everything was wonderful - so it was good to hear about the short trip.

Thanks!
Donna

Closed Thread

Tags
24hr, cruise, francisco, review, san, sanfrancisco, ship, spirit