Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2006, 12:48 PM

I am trying to find a phone number to NCL, guest relations/ customer relations department. I've tried a couple of times to call through the 800 number which gets you to the reservations agents, but they are not willing or can't give you an actual phone number to speak with a person who can maybe do something about my problem.

In Novmember I book a March cruise for my family of four. My wife is a school teacher and I had to plan it for her spring break time. which started on the 11th of March. The res agent did the booking and gave me a reservation # so I thouht all was good. Until I came home from Christmas at the in-laws to a message saying the remainder of my fare was due. Calling to pay up, NCL claimed my cruise departed on the 4th and returned on the 11th! That is NOT what I booked. They could not get my on the cruise on the 11th without charging me over twice as much as I paid. Now they say they are keeping $1000 because of something that is their mistake! I have written a letter (apparently the only way to talk with the Wizard) but I would like to talk with someone as to my options on this.

Thanks to whomever might have a phone number.

Jim
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 01-09-2006, 02:49 PM

Jim, I'm sorry to hear about the mix-up with your cruise dates. When you booked directly with NCL, did you receive a faxed or mailed confirmation with all the information?

The phone number I have for NCL's Customer Relations, as well as all departments at NCL, is 1-800-327-7030. I suspect this is the number you called, as it's the same number as Reservations Dept. Similarly, Customer Relations email and reservations email are the same at reservations@ncl.com, but you might try emailing them your letter and asking that someone in Customer Relations call you back as soon as possible.

Did you check yourself to see if there is any availability at the same price on the week you actually want to travel?

If all else fails, call back reservations, and if the agent can't help you, ask to speak to a Supervisor. Perhaps the supervisor can give you some other options.

Good luck,
Sandy
Old 01-09-2006, 02:59 PM

Jim,
Did you receive a print copy of this confirmed reservation (with the confirmation # and date you thought you had reserved)? Without it, you are most likely out of luck because, you have no written proof as to the transaction. Here is the number to their administrative offices: 305-436-4000. Don't know if it will do you any good, but good luck and keep us posted.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 01-09-2006, 08:49 PM

Sandy/Nancy- It wasn't until I called and found out that they had us booked on the worng date that I found the reservation email. I found it in my Outlook junkmail folder. Apparently Bill Gates thought it was spam.

I had used the confirmation number to "log on" to the NCL website to fill out the preboarding information stuff they ask you to fill out. So, when it took my reservation number I never suspected that I didn't have a reservation, I should have expected the email receipt I guess. So as you say I really have no proof of when I booked. Except for the calendar where I had written the cruise details down on... All of which was written down on the 11th.

Yes, I tried re-booking on the correct data, but all they had was cabins that would have cost me twice what I had paid AND they wouldn't guaruantee that they wouldn't charge me the cancellation fee on top of that. Somehow I couldn't spend an additional $4000 to "find out" if they would give me my $1000 back...

Thanks for the phone number, I'll give it a try. I've tried the 800 number and was told "someone will call you by Friday" with no results. I would be willing to accept a $1000 credit towards a future cruise, but I don't think its fair to take my money on what is not my fault.

Jim
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14

Old 01-10-2006, 01:15 PM

Jim,
I am a bit confused by your most recent e-mail. When you log-on to complete your pre-boarding information, you are asked to provide your reservation # as well as the ship AND sail date. If those don't match - you are not able to complete the pre-boarding process. Is this when you discovered the mistake, or when you spoke to them regarding final payment?
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 01-10-2006, 02:53 PM

I never completed the online pre-boarding information (I did this fairly soon after I had made the reservation).. I went online and entered the reservation number and it began asking me the questions for pre-boarding. I don't remember it asking for cruise dates, but I bailed after it took my reservation number because in the past with Carnival Cruises, they asked for Passport information etc which I didn't have with me. I figured I would come back later and fill those out and never got back to it. That was November and I had time.

I didn't find out about the mistake in dates until late Dec 28th (When we returned form the holidays) and I had a voice mail telling me we needed to make final payment by the 3rd of Jan. for our March 4th cruise. I called the following morning (the 29th) Lucky for me, the 19th would have been the deadline to cancel without penalty. I should have checked more than I did. I am a frequent cruiser on Carnival. This would have been my 6th cruise and the first not on Carnival. We liked Carnival until they cancelled our October Cruise due to Katrina's relief efforts. They charged us about $1000 more to go on the same cruise even though it was Carnival that changed ships on us. I thought I would try someone else not owned by CCL. The point of this is with Carnival, we had a Carnival booking agent that made sure everything was done on time and kept sending emails... You could also go on Carnival's site and it would tell you when you logged on when your cruise was, and how many days are left till you set sail... So, I never thought about checking and double checking the reservation.

I should go back online and try entering my reservation number and see if it lets me put in the 11th as my sail date. I don't remember doing this...

The 305 area code phone number you provided is the same number as the 1-800 number. Its the one that Dade county residents are asked to use.
I did send an email requesting a customer relations person call me to the reservations@ncl.com address but have not heard form anyone yet.

I guess that is a long winded way of answering your question, I didn't find out about the wrong dates until I called to make the final payment (which was 10 days beyond the pentalty date for the 4th and 3 days from the date I THOUGHT I was scheduled for.)

I don't want to yell or scream at anyone, I just want a chance to discuss this with someone who cares about customer satisfaction and that have the authority to make exceptions or other arrangements. (If there is such a person) My family's spring vacation is ruined and I can't book something else unless I know the final outcome of my money.

I know you can't do anything, but thanks for listening.

Jim

Old 01-10-2006, 03:03 PM

hmmmm.. Nancy, your correct... it did ask for my cruise date and I tried putting in the 11th and it errored out. I don't remember getting an error or maybe I never went past that screen. I can't explain that. Believe me, if I had foudn out that the date was different I would have called them real quick.

I guess I'm doomed... as I have no proof other than my word that I booked for the 11th.

Old 01-10-2006, 04:18 PM

Poor Jim C! I feel for you. Is there anything worse than poor customer service?

I have been trying to click on "voyages and pricing" on the NCL site on and off for a week. For a while it timed out, then it said it was down for maintenance... now it links me to a PW secure screen that is probably for TA's, and then: access denied. Just trying to price a 3/5 Spirit sailing...
Old 01-10-2006, 07:50 PM

FYI: just spent 45 minutes on hold with Lattitudes- finally gave up. Just wondering where my free magazine is- and what my past guest number is!
Old 01-10-2006, 08:32 PM

Carlalena, NCL's booking engine has been up and down for the last few days. I was able to connect for several sessions yesterday, but today I got the same sign-in screen you described. I called NCL and they said the site is having problems. I tried the site again early this evening, and got on without a problem.

Sandy

Closed Thread

Tags
800, consumer, contact, customer, department, email, engine, ncl, number, phone, preboarding, relation, relations, service, spirit