Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2008, 04:38 PM

Can you check into the cruise and then get off the boat before it leaves? The reason I ask is that are ship does not leave until 8 pm and we were thinking of going to Pearl Harbor for the day before hand but without being able to take anyting with you to Pearl that may be hard to do. We are staying Friday night in Honolulu. Or do they give you a specific time to check in?
Thanks for the advice on shore excursions. We had already planned a honeymoon to Maui in February but had to cancel and when we rescheduled we decided on the cruise to see more. So I had already researched a lot of things. I would not book anything if the time would be at all close. Just NCL excursions are so expensive and I know we could do more without going through them.

Anyway.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:08 AM

Hi LaraB, congratulations on your upcoming wedding/honeymoon. Welcome to Cruise-Chat, too! I'm glad you selected a cruise, you'll be very happy you did. Of course, you'll probably come back like the rest of us, a total cruise addict. Once you board the ship, they will give you a cruise card. That will be used for your purchases and identification. You will be allowed to come and go from the ship as you please. If I'm understanding your question, you are embarking in Honolulu. You can board, put your stuff away and then get back off the ship. I don't know that you would have time to go to Pearl Harbor and see everything. You'd have time to get there and maybe see the Arizona, but normally the lines are long. When we visited, we were there very early in the morning. You most definitely can do your own excursions, just be sure you are back to the ship on time. If you're booked on a ship's excursion and something happens, they'll wait for you. If you're booked on your own, they won't wait and transportation to catch up to the ship is on your own. Best wishes for a fantastic cruise/honeymoon and once again, welcome aboard!

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, disembarking, maui, ship