Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2006, 02:36 PM

I am trying to find out if the ships computer will allow me to hook up my digital camera to download my pictures to thier computer by using a usb jump drive so I can download the pictures later to my personal computer. and how much does it cost to use their computers to do this?
Thanks for anybody input on this.
Kim
Old 06-29-2006, 05:35 AM

I hope I understand your question correctly, and if I do..

You think you will have take too many pictures for your digital camera to hold, so you want to upload them through the ships PC through the internet??

OR, are you not even talking about the internet? Do you want to know if their PCs can transfer files from your camera to your USB jump drive?

Those are 2 entirely different questions.

I'll give my opinions on each case:
1. From what I have read, internet time on the ships PCs is very expensive. IMO, uploading pics through the internet from a ships PC would be the last way I would send files. My gosh, pictures are 2-3 megabytes each. I'll bet it would take an hour or more to upload as many pics as today's jump drives hold.

2. If you want a PC to transfer pics from your camera to your usb jump drive, then it all depends on your camera. Do you have a mini-usb port on your camera that you normally hook up to your PC, or do you have a specialized "docking station" type download for your camera? Either way you will be fine, but if you have a docking station, bring it with you. Most PCs have at least 2 USB ports, so you simply plug your camera USB connection to the PC, then plug in your jump drive to another usb port. Then drag and drop your files over.

Or, do what I did.. pick up a 2Gig, or bigger memory stick/card for your camera. I picked up a 2Gig for $75. It holds over 600 pictures on high resolution on my Nikon D50 D-SLR. (3-4 meg files).

Sorry for the long-winded answer, but I hope I have not confused the issue.

Old 06-29-2006, 04:18 PM
Banned

Here's the NCL's internet cafe web page that should answer most of your questions.

http://www.ncl.com/more/internet_cafe.htm

The Photo Shop aboard ship will charge you more to burn a CD of your photos.

I agree with the earlier responder, it would be cheaper to buy a larger memory stick for your digital camera.
Old 07-01-2006, 11:30 AM

Thank you Todd and ROn for your response. This helped out alot.

Closed Thread