Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2008, 01:09 PM

Hi,
My Boyfriend and I are taking the 11night Mexican Riviera cruise out of SF on the Sun on Oct 24. Has anyone been on this trip in the last six months? How was it?

Thanks
Karen
Old 10-03-2008, 06:57 AM

Hi girlchef63, welcome to Cruise-Chat. I haven't done that particular cruise, but did want to welcome you aboard. We recently returned from the NCL Sky and had a great time, it was just too short. Best wishes on your upcoming cruise!
Old 10-03-2008, 09:56 AM
Administrator

Hi Karen, and welcome to cruise-chat.com!

N. Star has resumed her Mexican Riviera cruises very recently, after spending several months in Alaska. Is there anything specific you'd like to know about the ship or itinerary?
Old 10-03-2008, 10:02 PM

Any info you can give us about what we can bring on board for beverages, as well as the "free" beverages on board. Also, any shore excursions you would recommend for a family of 4 with boys ages 8 and 11. Our first cruise as a family. Anything special we should pack? We leave next Sat. on the STAR.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:38 AM

we just got back on the 4th from a 7 day ncl star to mex.--no adult pool--screaming kids everywhere-i cant believe that so many people take kids out of school for a cruise
-ignorant adults who cant read( no jeans or shorts in restaurants) the rooms were clean - no clocks in the rooms--drinks were $$. we took our own jack D & rum on the ship (+ 2 insulated mugs)in shampoo bottles, milk of magnesia( blue bottle for the jackJD.) & propel bottles-- we also took a 1/2 case water & a 12 pk of coke nothing was said about it- they were all duct taped up so they didnt fall apart-- stay away from the lower floor- they send the excurions out that floor -- corridors were packed on shore days
Old 10-08-2008, 10:12 AM

Hi Sharon,
Despite all the things that you mentioned, did you still feel it was a good time?
How about the food? The entertainment?

Hope you managed to have a little fun.

Karen
Old 10-11-2008, 10:42 PM

hello
I am also going on the 24 from san fran. with my wife and my 3 boys 3-9-12

We took the 8 day mexican riv. last jan.2008

You are not allowed to bring achohol but i did here stories about people who did sneek it Alchohol drinks are very expensive. We don't drink.

you can buy a coke(soda card in the beginning of the cruise for abot $10 per day per person (much cheaper than buying them everyday You can get the csoads anywhere any time as many as you want.

Tea coffee milk is free

We also book our excursions by the internet not by the cruise line much more expensive

I will check back and answer any other questions
we plan to go to stone island in mazatlan and have a guide set up thru the pinklady tours in acapulco. ixtapa is pretty easy to shop right by the landing and get a cab.

good luck!

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, customer, mexican, ncl, review, reviews, rivera, riviera