Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2007, 11:11 PM

wow. it's this kind of random, unquestioned kindness that we need more of.
thanks so much for your insight, guys!
Chef Ken: i will most definitely look into RCCL, and perhaps college is the right thing to do.

f-mattox: yes, being in a band is probably a better way to get noticed. how clumsy of me. if waiting tables fails, i could always look into being a musician!

Dan in Winnipeg: you sound like you know what's happening with working for a cruise line, and your input is very much appreciated! and realistic... the bit at the end made me think a lot. i know it may sound weird, but i've been hearing a lot of this from my parents, but i never really thought about it until a third party jumped in to say the same thing.
anyway, thank you all again for your input! you've made a very worried teen confident and informed!
Old 03-26-2007, 08:21 AM
BrodieMan13, I have three adult sons and one of the joys of my life is when they come to me and say Dad, you were right all along--I just never listened until I heard it from somebody else.

You're going to do just fine.

By the way, you can do the musician thing AND wait tables at the same time--in fact you will probably have to for a while.

But school is still the BEST idea; once they leave, most young people never go back. One of my biggest regrets in life is that I didn't go at least as far as the M.A.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:05 AM

Hello everybody,

sorry for not raising my voice here earlier but I just returned from ten days in hospital today.

Alex79818, it has been mentioned in the S/S "Norway" thread again and again that these forums must not be used for boykott calls of any kind. Please keep that in mind and refrain from making calls for boykott in the future.

In the S/S "Norway" thread you are very welcome to present any facts that will allow our users to draw their own conclusions.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 03-27-2007, 05:39 PM
Raoul, sorry to hear about your hospital stay. If you should have any specific prayer requests I'm sure our prayer warriors will get to work; otherwise I will be praying for you in a non-specific way.

Best wishes to you.
Old 03-28-2007, 02:09 AM

f-mattox,

thank you, I'm almost 100% fine again. I had caught a fairly nasty infection caused by bacteria that had to be treated with regular infusions. But fortunately, I was lucky to be in a great hospital and the folks there managed to deal with it fairly quickly.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 03-28-2007, 10:05 AM
Thank you Raoul, for the good news. Thank goodness it was just a transitory problem.

Best wishes for a speedy and 100% recovery.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:43 AM
Dan, you said what I was thinking all the way. Escape from reality, that's what it is and as you say, one should be very careful not to "get it in the blood", because then you're caught for lifetime. It's been four years since I left the cruise industry, but I still have abstinences from time to time

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
employment