Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2007, 12:28 PM

Hey people.

is it me, or did anyone have problems along the way to employment with NCL America? i went in for an interview/seminar-thing for a junior waiter position in january, i was told i was hired, i filled out some paperwork, did the online personality thing, but then, they never called me about my medical testing information until a few days ago (MARCH; TWO MONTHS LATER). i'm at work when they do call, so obviously i can't take 20 min to do this, so she tells me to call at a certain time on a different day. I called 15 min before the set time, directly on the set time, and 10 min after the set time. No call back. I'm a little frustrated, but i really think that this will be an awesome experience, especially for an 18 year old who doesn't know what he wants to do.
is it just that, though? am i a stupid kid who missed something? i did what they said in hopes of getting what sounds like a kick-*** job, but nothing.
anybody know what's up? some feedback would be really nice. I messed up in that i put all my eggs in one basket, so to speak. i don't really have a B plan.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:36 PM
Banned

Edit: Inappropriate post removed. RF
Old 03-22-2007, 11:40 AM

Brodieman13, Some moron jumped your post with a load of crap. Anyway, you are 18, why not college? Life experience is great but it is better with an education if you can. (Just my opinion.) I know that hardly anyone knows what they want as a career at your age but if you could get some general credits out of the way you would be way ahead.

I hope some others with job experience at sea respond. Take care.

Ken
Old 03-22-2007, 08:36 PM
Banned

Alex, I hope they sink the SS Norway in your local rivers.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:00 PM

hey now, guys.
no one wants any ship sinking in anyone's major body(ies) of water. that's not cool. i do not condone those kinds of comments on my post. unfortunately, nor can i prevent them... i think...
anyway, Chef Ken, your advice is appreciated, but i'm afraid there are those who are ready to jump in to college, and those that aren't. i am the latter. i tried 2 terms of college and found that it wasn't to be... yet. i know that college is important, but what i'm hoping to achieve by working with NCL is an experience that will let me see some of the world and meet new people, and hopefully through these things figure out what i want to do.
that, and i kinda screwed up and now it's either NCL or moving back in with my parents.
i do NOT want to move back in with my parents.
Old 03-22-2007, 09:25 PM
Banned

Better head for dad's.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:19 AM

Ok Brodie, school is not for you right now. Check out some of the other threads related to employment with NCL. I have no first hand experience but some people have posted about their experience with NCL and other lines that maybe if you get through the camp and the communication problems, you will be in good shape to deal with work and life on the ship. That's all I can offer you pal.
Old 03-23-2007, 04:22 PM

thanks, Chef Ken.
and raffles, i forgive you
Old 03-23-2007, 08:44 PM

Actually I don't recall apologizing for anything but forgiveness is good.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:01 PM
I think you may have missed the period after Chef Ken.
He was thanking you but forgiving raffles.

And yes, forgiveness is good.

Alex is certainly putting Dave's to the test tonight, eh?

Closed Thread

Tags
employment