Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2009, 08:20 PM

Will be back on the Pearl next week for a short Alaska trip. Last time we were up there was on the Wind!
Old 05-01-2009, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Just off the NCL Dawn--OUCH!!! It Hurts!!
Welcome back Billy!

I didn't know you were cruising on the Dawn. I doubt it hurt that much.

Dwayne
Old 05-05-2009, 05:45 AM

Welcome back Billy, hope it was a fantastic cruise. My coworker sailed on the Dawn 2 years ago and still hasn't quit talking about her. He said she was a fantastic ship. I know that the service charges add up, but the staff so deserve it. The sad thing is, there are so many who will take the charges off. It makes me feel good to know that I've helped a bit, plus I do tip extra, which I know goes into their pockets. I do hope the Dawn's crew were well worth the service charges. Somehow, I feel they were. Best wishes!
Old 05-28-2009, 08:02 PM

Hi, does anybody knows if NCL changed its policy about service charge modification (increase or zero) on the last night of your cruise? It seems that now that service charge is mandatory and you can NOT change it.
I've read some reviews about it.
Please, this is not about if it's fair or not, or if crew members deserve it or not... I only need to know the answer to my question.
Thank you very much

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-29-2009, 06:02 AM

Hi PesceBlanco, welcome to Cruise-Chat. I haven't heard anything about them changing their policy about the $12/day service charge. We sailed on the Sky last July and it was there. I didn't try to have it removed, but have not heard you could not take it off of your bill. I hope someone knows for sure. I do know the charge was $12/pp per day.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:31 AM
Administrator

An excerpt from the NCL website:

----------------------

"Therefore, if you have any concerns about the service you receive during your cruise; please bring them to the immediate attention of our reception desk staff on board so that we can address any issues in a timely manner before the cruise is over.

In almost all cases we are able to come up with a satisfactory solution to any issues which are raised and make sure our guests can focus on enjoying their cruise holiday. In the unlikely event we cannot satisfactorily resolve the issues through our guest satisfaction program; guests will be able to adjust the Service Charge according to the level of inconvenience they feel they have experienced.

Our clear priority is to have the opportunity of resolving the issue, when it happens, to everyone's complete satisfaction."

------------------------

Since the cruise isn't over on the last day, I'd say yes, you can adjust the service charge. However it is also clear that NCL insists on first having an opportunity to fix things before they let you adjust the charges. It doesn't sound like an easy thing to do.

Closed Thread

Tags
charge, charges, cruise, daily, fee, line, ncl, ncls, norwegian, oil, onboard, removed, review, service, surcharge