Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2007, 09:39 AM
Banned

Here, here! I whole heartedly agree with Penny! I used to book outside cabins; then a balcony for Alaska. After the balcony, I thought, outside will just not do anymore. Then we went to junior suite on the Explorer last April; I'll be hard pressed to book anything less than a junior suite (I may be convinced to slum it on a balcony, but nothing less!). I like the additional cabin space and the additional space provided by the balcony. Sitting on the balcony with your sweetheart and your favorite beverage watching the sunrise or sunset is an experience not to be missed. The balcony offers a little bit of privacy (now don't take that as an invitation to join the 10th deck club and fall overboard), and some protection from the wind created by the ship and mother nature.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:10 AM

I would have to respectfully agree with the previous post.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:26 AM
What happens on the balcony stay's on the balcony????Unless it falls into the sea:-)

I'm not opposed to a balcony...just think it's overrated....so many factors enter into a balcony setting....High winds, cigar smoking neighbors, unruly little kids screaming all night...we've had to shut the door on a few cruises and that's where my overrated factor enters....but now...owner's suite, junior suite...that's a whole new ballgame....cruising in a dungeon is better than not cruising at all...Let's just enjoy the moment...Happy Cruising to one and all...

Bob E
Old 06-26-2007, 11:31 AM

Bob, I am not a balcony fan but am a supporter of those that love it. A so called dungeon to some, is my paradise
Old 06-26-2007, 11:43 AM

I for one am not paying double to have a balcony. I respect those that do. I think someone posted about how cruising is different for everyone. I think it was the Dr.

Some folks love to look at the sea, some folks like the activities and save the money.

It is all good
Old 06-30-2007, 04:32 PM
No such thing as a BAD cruise...Some are just better than others...

Bob E
Old 06-30-2007, 07:52 PM

There is a reason they're building ships with 80% balcony cabins now. They are desirable. My wife says they're a must and I have to admit I love having one. On the other hand, if it were up to me alone I'd probably book inside cabins more often and go on more cruises. I'm cheap, but my wife is not, she's a professional shopper. Had one of her CC's stolen once but I didn't report it... the thief spent less then she did. Just a joke.

Cheers, Neil
Old 07-04-2007, 02:47 PM

Hi everyone! My thoughts on balcony: it is great, but since neither me nor my husband smokes, we raraely get a chance to use the balcony. Because someone is always smoking on their balconies and I am not at all excited about that!
Old 07-08-2007, 09:28 AM

I know that some may not agree, but I do think that if smoking is allowed on the balcony and the smoker is not throwing butts over the side, etc. I would not fuss. I'd much rather have a polite smoker beside me than a loud group who hasn't been sober since they boarded. Perhaps for those of us who are new to cruising it's helpful to know that we need to remember to be good neighbors in and out of our cabins.
Old 07-08-2007, 09:41 AM
Banned

I love having the balcony. We had one for our Alaska cruise and it was wonderful. It really doesn't matter if you go out on it a lot, you still get to watch the world go by from your room with the sliding glass open where you get the fresh air coming in as an added bonus. But, I bet you will use it more than you think. And, don't forget your binoculars!

Closed Thread

Tags
acrophobia, balconies, balcony, cabin, cruise, cruising, december, fear, heights, norwegian, pearl, people, rear, ships, small