Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2003, 06:44 PM

My wife and I are getting ready to do Hawaii on the Star. We are requesting the Mountain Safari Adventure on Nawiliwili. It is a seven hour tour, and it specifically suggests if you have a problem with motion sickness not to come. Here is the question: Is this because of the van ride, or is there some boat excursion or other factor that would produce motion.

My wife has bad motion sickness that responds well to drugs under most circumstances. I think she will be fine with proper pre-treatment. But I am wondering if anyone has been on this and can advise.

Thanks.
Old 05-19-2003, 06:44 PM

My wife and I are getting ready to do Hawaii on the Star. We are requesting the Mountain Safari Adventure on Nawiliwili. It is a seven hour tour, and it specifically suggests if you have a problem with motion sickness not to come. Here is the question: Is this because of the van ride, or is there some boat excursion or other factor that would produce motion.

My wife has bad motion sickness that responds well to drugs under most circumstances. I think she will be fine with proper pre-treatment. But I am wondering if anyone has been on this and can advise.

Thanks.
Old 05-19-2003, 08:36 PM

While I'm not familiar with this particular tour, I am familiar with Kauai, and there's not too many places they can take you on land. Didn't they give you a description before you booked, or did you not have that option? Jeep to me would be land, but they do have many helicopters to see the canyon or the North Shore. Not that brave to get on them. There are also various types of boat trips you might take. When they refer to a Jeep Safari, the first thing that comes to my mind is Waimea Canyon. This was our 3rd time on Kauai, and our 3rd time seeing it. Bring lots of film, video camera, and binoculars (We didn't have, but a gentleman had a telescope and letting everyone use it). Many mountain goats, and to me, the most gorgeous site in the world. There's only a road than goes around the island, and heading to the North Shore, you have narrow roads, with 13 1-way bridges, and no guard rails. You would pass Princeville, where Matt LeBlanc just got married. Beautiful, but can be hairy at points. Going the other way towards Waimea Canyon, the road is curvey, with a couple of areas that are like roller coasters. Take some motion sickness pills, close your eyes, and let them drive for you, as it's a sight you'll never forget. The road doesn't go that much beyond the canyon turnoff. There's a military base, and a desolete beach, then the cliffs that you hit if you take it going North. Bring water with you, because when you climb, you dehydrate fast. We're going away, and will be back Sunday if I can answer anymore questions for you about Hawaii. We've been on the 4 main islands at 1 time or another, and this was our 4th trip, so might be able to help you. Have fun, and be sure to take a high number sunscreen, as the sun is very instense, not what you are used to in the 48.

Closed Thread

Tags
adventure, kauai, mountain, nawiliwili, safari