Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2007, 08:12 AM

I will be cruising aboard The Norwegian Sun within a few weeks. We have booked the owners suite and I have been told that if you do so you may bring your own bottles of wine aboard. Is this true?
Old 11-01-2007, 08:12 AM

I will be cruising aboard The Norwegian Sun within a few weeks. We have booked the owners suite and I have been told that if you do so you may bring your own bottles of wine aboard. Is this true?
Old 11-03-2007, 03:01 PM
Administrator

Hi LisaS, and welcome to cruise-chat!

This is the first time I've heard this question, and I can't find anything to back it up. I do know that OS pax can arrange to have the Suite set up with a number of bottles of wine of your choosing (from a limited menu, I assume). They refer to it as "Custom Selection of Liquor," and is a VIP benefit that applies to Garden Villa and OS pax. For this option, I recommend contacting the person you booked through, whether a TA or NCL directly.

Hopefully, someone who's stayed in an OS will come along soon and provide an answer from personal experience.
Old 11-03-2007, 05:07 PM
Banned

Everyone is allowed to bring wine.
But NCL will charge a $15 per bottle corkage fee.

Owner's Suite passengers will have several free perks delivered to their suites:
Please read the following link for more info:
http://www.nclsuitesandvillas.com/owners.html

I wish I could afford a suite, sorry I couldn't write more.
Old 11-03-2007, 05:19 PM
Administrator

Duh.. I seem to remember NCL changing their policy recently. Somebody better update the Web site ("What Can't I Bring Onboard").
Old 11-03-2007, 05:21 PM
Banned

No, it hasn't changed much. Wine has always been treated differently by NCL. Liquors means booze, beverages means beer. Wine has always been allowed aboard NCL ships, as long as you pay the corkage fee.

By the way, here's a recent, as of August 2007, Owner's Suite complimentary perk choices?

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/299...70058185ZsdLnf
Old 11-03-2007, 05:30 PM
Administrator

Not always, Ron. I have several friends whose wine was confiscated prior to boarding earlier this year. (And, yes, they complained to me, as if I could do something about it. )I guess it depends upon who's on duty.
Old 11-03-2007, 05:37 PM
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by LisaP:
Not always, Ron. I have several friends whose wine was confiscated prior to boarding earlier this year. (And, yes, they complained to me, as if I could do something about it. )I guess it depends upon who's on duty.

If it has changed, it's breaking news.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:40 PM
Administrator

Why not just call beer BEER, and wine WINE, and liquor LIQUOR? Is there some reason for the code words?

BTW, a co-worker of mine recently booked a 7-day on the Norwegian Dawn for this coming January. He asked me for advice on the cruise, and when I asked him if he had gone to NCL's website his reply was "yes, but their website pretty much sucks". And that is a direct quote.
Old 11-03-2007, 07:03 PM

I'm going to have to agree with Dave's co-worker. It is among the least user friendly sights in the industry. Also the "Advanced Guest Registration" system continually goes on the blink. They don't open the ability for clients to do this step until 52 days before their sailing and close it two weeks before their cruise. With it constantly down many clients get to the pier without having registered online and have to deal with add'l lines, delays, paperwork and other hassles. With the multiple millions just put into NCL by an investment group, hopefully new a computer system, website and other upgrades are high on the priority list. Maybe they should order one less new ship and and buy a new computer system. One that works most of the time.

Cheers, Neil

Closed Thread

Tags
benefits, corking, cruise, fee, garden, line, ncl, norwegian, norwegion, owners, review, reviews, suite, suites, sun, villa