Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-29-2004, 01:13 PM

I'm overwhelmed by the urgency, need, desperation for alcohol on this thread. Is there something wrong with enjoying simply your "vacation" without obsessing about sneaking hoards of alcohol on board???

Perhaps you should consider re-hab in lieu of a vacation!
Old 04-04-2004, 10:20 AM

Sailed on the Zuiderdam 09/27/03. One of our stops was the island of St.Maarten. I checked
with attendants at the gangplank to see if we
could bring booze on board. They said "yes" and
gave me a "bring as much as you want " look. I
bought two bottles of Bailey's Irish Cream,
walked on board with bottles in full view and
they said nothing. Haddon Heights, NJ
Old 04-07-2004, 07:58 PM

I intend to try to bring some alcohol on board. I've cruised many times and abhor the prices they charge for drinks including the 15% tip. As for the people who say, if you can't afford to buy the drinks you shouldn't be cruising, maybe you don't know what it's like to save every penny you possibly can in order to afford your vacation. May you never be in that position!
Old 05-10-2004, 03:40 PM

Very interesting string of messages on this subject. I totally agree that the cost of drinks on the ship can add up very fast and it is really nice to have a drink in the cabin. The last cruise I was on (2000) we packed 3 bottles of rum in our checked luggage and had no problem (be sure to wrap it well!). The one thing that we also did that was a huge help, was to also pack large thermal travel mugs. I would make us a couple of large drinks in the room and we walked around with them and no one said a thing. GREAT for around the pool while just relaxing! This may sound cheap, but saved us a quite a bit and the convience of the large mugs was fantastic. Going on the Norweigan Sea in June and plan to have a blast...it's all in the attitude.
Old 08-24-2004, 07:31 PM
I have been on 4 cruises and have taken alcohol and a smoothie blender on board in the checked lugguge without incident we made our own frozen drinks when we hung out on the balcony and had friends stop in, we took up to six bottles on board in our checked lugguge and kept them, in the dresser in the room and the steward had to know we had the stuff the blender was in plain site on our bar. and we threw the empty bottles in the room trash, needless to say he got a nice big tip at the end of the cruise, silence is golden!!!!
Old 12-04-2004, 07:10 PM
recently we did a cruise to nowhere we had to carry luggage on board they do not let you check it on 2 or 3 day cruises I packed 3 small pint bottles thinking it would be checked lugguge but after we were in line it was to late we were x rayed and asked what kind of spirits were in my case being it was hard liquer they did take it I inquired why the group of 45 in line with us was allowed to bring on wine and all the beer they had packed and were drinking right in line, I was told that they allow that type of drink on board but hard liquer is not on the allowable list I did get it back after the trip so we have liquer for the Holidays now lol so beer and wine is accepted that was on a Carnival ship.
Old 12-12-2004, 09:53 AM

From what I have read about the NCL Sea, I'm going to need all the spirits that I can smuggle in! We have never had any problems packing it in our luggage on Princess Cruises so we are going to give it a try. We leave in January.

Closed Thread

Tags
alcohool, beer, caribbean, cruise, limitys, luggage, ncl, norwegian, ray, royal, ship, ships, show, taking, weight, xray