Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2007, 11:29 AM

Due to our last posting we've recieved many irrealivant replies, Reguarding our experience. Maybe part of our problem was My wife's in a wheel chair and could'nt escape the other complaining passangers.
Old 04-22-2007, 06:10 PM
Sorry, I don't get the connection.
Old 04-22-2007, 07:35 PM

By relevance do you mean someone agreeing with you! How far can you take it and what do you hope to accomplish. You had a bad experience, so sorry, now what?
Old 04-22-2007, 07:47 PM
Banned

I must have missed your other post; what are you asking? I'd love to respond.
Old 04-22-2007, 07:51 PM
Looks to me like "Los Tres Amigos" are ALL ready to respond!
Old 04-22-2007, 08:00 PM
Banned

ubetcha!
Old 04-22-2007, 08:25 PM

Let's go!!
Old 04-22-2007, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Chef Ken:
Let's go!!
It's been our experience when someone starts a conversation with someone in a wheelchair, The topic almost always turns back to them and thier problems and complaints. My wife has cerebal palsy and cant push herself to get away. This more than likely had a great impact on our cruise. She will trade her wheelchair for thier legs in a heartbeat any takers
Old 04-22-2007, 09:20 PM
While I have the deepest sympathy for your wife's medical problems, I fail to see the connection between that and your reaction to our responses concerning your myriad complaints.

Only when you did not get a favorable reaction to your complaints about food and service did your wife's wheelchair confinement become an issue.

You, Sir, are the one who brought the wheelchair into the conversation, and you are the one who has done nothing but complain and talk about your problems.

Once again, we are all sorry you had a bad experience but you are the one who dosen't want to let it go. Your last sentence was clearly calculated to induce sympathy, but I'm sorry--you played that card one too many times.
Old 04-22-2007, 09:31 PM
Banned

I have taken many cruises over the past 15 years. On these cruises, I have been very amazed that handicapped people are found to be plentyful on cruise ships. I have seen pari & quad handicap passengers, and many just wheelchair passengers. I have also seen many elderly passengers using scooters on board. Of all of those I have meet, they were always upbeat, and did not let any handicap problems imped on their vacation or off shore destinations. I have the utmost respect for handicap people. I have also found that other pasengers have the utmost respect for handicap passengers, and when entering a dining room or restaurant, they are always given the "go ahead of me" treatment, the same for shows. I strongly believe that all passengers not handicapped show the utmost respect for handicap passengers. I have never seen or heard other passengers asking about the handicap problems and how they became handicapped. I have never found any handicapped passengers requesting sympathy from any passengers either. THey were on the ship to have agood time regardless of their individual medical problem.

When I took my elderly father on the NCL Dream in Oct 2006, NCL gave my father excellent care in providing wheel chairs on and off the ship. Other passengers were quick to move aside and let him thru. NCL provided assistance from bell staff when needed and they were always on time. On offshore excursions, there was never a problem with handicap passengers. Usually they were the last off or first one. On tendering in port those in wheel chairs were never blocked from being placed on tenders. It was evident that cruise ships deal with these passengers day in and day out and the crew is always there to assist.

I am not sure what expectations the Junks had about handicap assistance, but will say your situation is a very isolated case. It is very hard to believe that NCL had a non caring attitude whether they were American crew or not. I was not there. But based on my past history of cruising and seeing first hand the responsiveness of the crew with either young, middle-aged, or elderly handicapped passengers, the Junks episode is really an unbelievable story.

Closed Thread

Tags
poa