Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2008, 10:16 PM

I would like to spend next dec in the cruise from Barcelona, rome, naples, rhodes, athens, valleta, izmir, alexandria, barcelona on board of the NCL Jade Do you have any suggestions? what about the ship? the crew? recomendations about shore excursions?
Old 10-12-2008, 06:05 PM

Hello!

I'm also part of this cruise! At the time I`m looking for private tours because I don't want to book a tour at NCL (too expensive).
What about your plannings?

Tom
Old 10-12-2008, 07:48 PM

There are some destinations where we do not have make any desition like Izmir or Valleta because we do not find much information available< someone suggests?
Old 10-15-2008, 10:06 AM

Hallo medinaaa and TomB,

I think you are on the same ship, but not at the same time.

My husband and I will start at Barcelona at November 30, 2008 and we will be back there on Friday, December 12, 2008.

We are from Germany and are searching too for less expensive chances to see the destinations where the ship will stay.

Just now I entered a roll call an it would be kind, if you join.

The ports of call on the itinerary:
- Roma (tuesday)
- Athen (thursday)
- Izmir (friday)
- Alexandria (sunday(monday)
- Valletta (wednesday)
- Barcelona (friday, disembarkation)

Nedra1

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 10-15-2008, 07:59 PM

hi
I will be with my sister in the cruise from december 21st but we are also looking other excursion shores cheapest and we gather for instance from naples to capri from the same porte we arrive and the boat prices are around 17 eur. but from Izmir, Ephesus or Valleta the choices are not so many. we are defining what to do in Alexandria
Old 10-16-2008, 11:22 AM

Hallo!

Wir (38+45+5 Jahre) kommen auch aus Deutschland und würden uns ggf. anschliessen wollen!

Because this is an international forum I'll continue in English.

Our plans so far:
- Roma, Athens, Valetta you can do easily bei train or tube
- for Alexandria I got offers from Egyptian Travel Agencies for one or two days private tours
- for Izmir I'm not sure if we want to go to Ephesus or stay in the city

Who wants to join us?

Tom & family
Old 10-16-2008, 12:03 PM

Hi Medinaaa, TomB, and Nedra1, welcome to Cruise-Chat. Have you tried the Europe Port Chat section? If you use the "Find" feature in the upper left hand corner and type in your ports, it will pull up all the posts made. You might find something that interests you there. Wish I could help, but have not been in those ports. Hope you all have a fantastic cruise, and once again, welcome aboard!
Old 10-21-2008, 11:39 PM

I am also on the Nov 30th cruise. I also wanted private tours where I could get them. I have a private tour in Alexandria that includes an overnight in Cairo. The cost is $195 pp. I also put together a private tour in Rome to Orvieto for less that $100 pp for the day. I did sign up for ship tours in Malta and Turkey. In Athens we are taking the Metro from the cruise ship to the Acropolis. 24hour pass on the Metro is 3 Euros.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:46 PM

Nedra We are on the Nov 30 cruise with 3 couples from the United States. As stated above we also put together some private tours for Alexandria and Rome. We have all been to Rome several times and we were looking for something new. We found a private car to Orvieta in the Umbria region. A very nice hill top town surrounded by wineries. If your interested in the Cairo trip you can join us. Let me know.
Old 10-23-2008, 03:50 PM

Hi Kennyd50!
We are also on the November 30th cruise. We are 2+1 persons from Germany.
Our plans are:
- Rome, Athens and Malta we will not book anything because it's easy to explore by train or tube
- about Turkey we don't have an idea what to do (maybe Ephesos)
- we have several offers for one or two day tours in Egypt. They are about 100,- Euros for one day and 220,- Euros for on overnite stay. They were recommended from several cruisers, so I think they are trustful. What are your plans for Egypt?

Greetings from Germany

Tom

Closed Thread

Tags
alexandria, athens, cairo, call, cruise, cruises, egypt, excursions, jade, mediterranean, ncl, norwegian, port, roll, terminal, train