Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2008, 02:18 PM

We have cruised before but never on the Jade. Traveling August 9th, as anyone travelled on the jade before ? would appreciate any comments. Are there excursions value for money or would you advise making our own arangements. Are you allowed to purchase wine offshore and bring it on the ship. Is a English breakfast available on the jade, etc. Would welcome advise and experience.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:08 AM

can any one please tell me if they have sailed with the Norwegian Jade on a 2 night mini-cruise?? only i have just got back from a mini-cruise with them and found that they have taken without permission from me or the party of people i was travelling with $300 from our account the day we embarked on the cruise then a further $95 for my bill on Tuesday, when i called and asked they said it was their rules to charge a $300 holding fee on all thier cruises even 2 night ones and it could take between 5 and 10 days to recieve a refund!! what an absolute joke of a cruise line i have travelled on many cruises with different operators i.e P&O and have never had this kind of treatment before what should have cost me 50 bill has now cost me 207 and has taken me over drawn with charges. Nice one NCL thanks for a great memory wont be using you again!!
Old 07-15-2008, 06:31 AM

It is very common for cruiselines to put a hold on your credit card. Car rental companies do the same thing. Did you read all the small print of your cruise contract? I believe that's where you'll find you gave permission.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:25 AM

Hi grumbled cruiser, welcome to Cruise-Chat. All cruise lines place holds on your credit card in various amounts to make sure you can cover the charges you accrue on board. The hold will be lifted once your bill has cleared. We sailed on Princess while they were still under P&O and they placed a hold on our card. As soon as the bill is approved through your credit card company, your hold will be removed. We hope to see you again on our board under better circumstances. Best wishes on your future cruises!
Old 07-15-2008, 08:42 AM

thank you for your hasty replies, i can quiet understand about the holding fees, it is just my point was that they have cleared my on board account of 50.81 from my bank and have still not cleared my holding account and have no idea when they will release my money one lady from NCL has said it could be a further 10 days now i think that is a bit extreme to hold $300 (157.35) of my money when my account has been cleared
Old 07-15-2008, 09:59 AM

Hi grumbled cruises, your account has not been cleared if you sail on Aug 9th. Your account is not cleared until your cruise is over and all charges onboard have been settled. They don't charge your account anything, they put a hold on a $$$ amount to cover your onboard expenses. If you order a glass of wine at dinner, they don't take cash, they put it on the account and at the end take the payment from the amount held and the difference is never actually charged. They simply release the hold after you settle up and debark the ship, tab paid.

Cheers, Neil
Old 07-15-2008, 04:22 PM

Grumbled Cruiser has already sailed. It's Martin42 that doesn't sail until August 9th.

Grumbled. The $300 should be a hold, not a charge. If the hold on the card caused you to have fees when you tried charging other things, then I would call the customer service for your charge card and explain the situation. Usually card companies are pretty good about droping fees in an unusual situation if you have been a good customer .
Old 07-16-2008, 02:18 AM

thank you all for your advice and help, i can now say that they have returned my holding deposit it took alot of phone calls between myself and NCL and my bank but my money is back where it should be. Unfortunatley my friend who came with me on this trip is still waiting for hers and they can not give her an answer when it will be returned yet she too has cleared her on board account which they debited tusday morning, i will keep you all posted when she gets her money back. i will say that NCL were not that helpful and seemed to get very nasty when i asked questions they did not know the answers too. they said on a number of occassions that they would call me back with answers and every time i had to chase them again. It has put a sour taste in my mouth to what was a great weekend, which is a shame because i would have travelled with them again, i will take another cruise just not with NCL.

Closed Thread

Tags
comments, cruise, cruises, jade, norwegen