Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2009, 06:59 PM
Heck - for a free cruise on NCL I'd even do the dishes!!!

BillyBuzzy
Old 11-22-2009, 07:49 PM

Hey, I would go on NCL if it was free any day!

I don't know about dishes, but I'd bar tend a shift or two or clean my own cabin.

Dwayne
Old 11-22-2009, 08:07 PM
Dwayne -If you're bartending I wanna' be on that cruise and guess which side of the counter I'll be on (I'll be exhausted from doing the dishes!)!!!

BillyBuzzy
Old 11-22-2009, 08:32 PM
Looks as if I'm going on NCL in Jan, Feb and to Alaska again in May......Heck, I'll even pay to go....Cruiselines are a personal choice, and NCL is my personal choice....but then again, I'm going on the Oasis too.....You just have to love cruising.....Happy Thanksgiving to all of us cruising Turkeys....

Bob E
Old 11-22-2009, 09:09 PM
Bob E - I think you have a very serious addiction and I urge you to take another cruise immediately if not sooner!! Cocktails on board sometimes help - try a few!!!

It's the only cure - Isn't it a great addiction???

BillyBuzzy
Old 11-22-2009, 10:31 PM
Administrator

Yes, I am among those who would pay to go... and I am! Just a little under five months until we cruise the Med... final payment date is fast approaching.

Congratulations on your booking(s), Bob E, and Happy Thanksgiving to our U.S. Members!
Old 11-23-2009, 10:13 AM

NCL*bad, sorry to hear about your experience. We have sailed NCL 4 times and are very much looking forward to sailing on the Epic next year. We've always enjoyed the food on NCL, but then again, I love jerk and cajun seasonings. The sticky buns are wonderful!

The captain did his best to keep everyone out of harm's way. Unfortunately, NCL cannot control the weather. A cruise line can only try their best to make sure you're safe and enjoy your time on board. It's hard to do during a hurricane, but I'm sure they did their best.

I'm sure if you tried again, you wouldn't be disappointed. However, you might be happier trying a different cruise line. Maybe try Alaska or the Caribbean out of hurricane season. We hope you will post on our board, but please refrain from abusive language. We are here for both positive and negative thoughts from all of our members. Best wishes!
Old 11-23-2009, 05:08 PM

I have not been on my cruise yet NCL JEWEL

but prior to the trip,I know how many pools there are, the fact there is no climbing wall, So I am not that it is not on the boat.
Even know about secret restaurants on day of departure, this whole process took a couple of hours , but well worth it for my investment of a few thousand dollars.

Weather, Well be glad you are alive, Did you talk to NCL after, everyone has their bad day, ships,crews, and I bet even passengers..

Old 11-24-2009, 07:24 AM

Hey NCL *bad,

So sorry to hear that your first experience with NCL was a bad one. Please note that this is definitely not the norm. I have cruised the Jewel three separate times (so each time, perhaps a different crew, a different itinerary and a different season) and you would think that perhaps I may have encountered some sort of negativity (the law of norms); however, please note that this has NEVER happened. Unfortunately, you cruised during October which is a big Hurricane month in the Caribbean and when you choose that time of year, you also have to take things with a grain of salt. NCL cannot control the weather. They cannot take you into ports where they risk your life. That would be irresponsible of NCL or any line for that matter. We were on the Jewel one year in late October and, yes, we did get a couple of really stormy nights with high waves and winds but you know, I felt very safe, because I would see the officers walking OUTSIDE on the decks making sure everything was safe and I in turn felt safe. I am sure it was the bad weather than in turn soured everything else on the ship for you. I loved the food on NCL Jewel which I am sure will be the same across the line. I only went to the paid Beni Hana type restaurant once, every other meal was taken in the diningrooms or at the buffets. Hope you will try NCL again.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Let me add that if NCL offered me a free cruise I'd happily accept and be waiting at the pier for boarding time.
Me too.

Yes, before you book, check out the amenities on the ship, like if there is only one pool.

Did you talk to other guests on the cruise? Were they unhappy as well? Did you voice your displeasure to anyone on board?

Having the same comedian as the headlining act for three nights is strange. Maybe someone didn't get on the boat or had to cancel. If I were you, I'd give my feedback to NCL.

Closed Thread

Tags
bad, child, comedian, comediandavidncl, comlained, complimentary, cruise, cruises, dave, free, line, lines, ncl, ncldump, norwegian, people, remember