Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2009, 10:35 PM

10/17 STAR

Royal DUMP. There was NOTHING nice about line, ship or anything else. We've been on 6 cruises, this was our first NCL cruise (and last).

I dont have one good thing to say about the ship, our cabin, the food or entertainment.
Old 11-22-2009, 07:34 AM
Administrator

Pity. I just read a report from someone on that cruise and they said it was fine. They did note the crew was confused about the price of child's soda packages, but they simply went to the guest relations desk and got it fixed and the excess money refunded.

You'll note I have modified your forum name since it was a violation of forum rules. Please read those rules - Located Here - before posting again. We have no problem with negative comments but there is no need to use inflammatory words or profanity. This is why your review is not posted.
Old 11-22-2009, 11:48 AM

At least some details, just saying something is bad, is not helpful to people reading these boards, You sound pretty adamant, so spill the beans and let us know what happened
Thanks
Old 11-22-2009, 01:52 PM
Quote:
At least some details, just saying something is bad, is not helpful to people reading these boards
NCL*bad -

What funguynyc has written is exactly on point -unless you can give us a much more detailed critique you are only ranting and raving aimlessly! No one will pay any attention. Be specific and give real details -It makes a big difference in obtaining closure for any wrongs (real or perceived) which you may have suffered.

Tell us the ship, the dates, the ports and exactly what went wrong! We welcome you to Cruise-chat and we all want to hear more.Drop the profanity and deal with us like the fellow cruisers that we are!!

Welcome Aboard,

BillyBuzzy
Old 11-22-2009, 02:09 PM
Administrator

Since there is interest I'll post what the OP submitted but we had to remove due to language. Here is their detailed review of the cruise:

"I could go on and on and on and on, but I wont.
I will however tell you that I've cruised 6 times and only once on NCL.
Last month we boarded the NCL Star, it was a ROYAL DUMP! Don't even consider this old, smelly, outdated floating .

Bad - Food quality, pool area (one pool for all passengers to use), pool music, our cabin steward, the dining room was horrible which probably explains why they offer 8 or 9 "pay" dining options because with the service and food in the dining rooms they know you'll be eating elsewhere. BUT, the pay restaurants were equally as bad!
The entertainment was terrible - what ship has the same comedian for three of the seven nights??? Bad.

The captain decided our safety wasnt priority as we entered the direct eye of Hurricane Rick (October 2009) off the coast of Western Mexico. 90 mile winds, huricane rain, etc.. you get my drift... I lay in bed that night waiting for the captain to make ANY kind of announcement, nope, didnt happen. We literally rolled out of our bed due to the high seas.

The next day (day 4) we had enough... got off in Puerta Vallart and booked a flight home!

No thank you....

Please feel free to ask any questions, I'd be happy to answer...

NCL = DUMP, LOW CLASS, WORST CRUISE LINE EVER"
Old 11-22-2009, 02:50 PM
NCL*bad - I have just examined the records of the National Hurricane Service for Hurricane Rick in 2009. On the 15th she was still just a Tropical Depression. Within 48 hours she had intensified to a full Force 5 (180+) winds blanketing the Western Coast of Northern Mexico. There were no safe ports or safe land options from the storm.

If you had gone ashore there would have been no safe place for refuge against those winds. The ship could not have outrun the rapid expansion of the storm. Sometimes, in a case such as this) the safest place to be is aboard a seaworthy ship at sea. Safest for the ship and its passengers.
The fact that you are alive and well is fine testimony to the quality of the vessel, the skill of her master and his crew! I've ridden her sister ship, the NCL Dawn, in heavy seas and I noted how well she rode it out ( I left the Navy for the USAF because I suffer from Mal De Mar)!

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the voyage but you have your life, your health and your family - Thanks to a great ship with a fine Captain and Crew!

I cannot account for the quality of the meals and the appearance of the ship but the power of the storm may also enter into those problems!

Hurricane Rick holds the distinction of being the worst October Hurricane of all time and the 2nd worst ever recorded!!

BillyBuzzy
Old 11-22-2009, 03:24 PM
Slight error correction on the above post "Force 5 should read Category 5"Sorry about the BOOBOO!!

BillyBuzzy
Old 11-22-2009, 04:31 PM
Gee, feel free to go on another cruiseline...I've been on 16 NCL cruises and never found them to be THAT BAD.....Happy cruising somewhere else......

Bob E
Old 11-22-2009, 04:43 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by billybuzzy:
If you had gone ashore there would have been no safe place for refuge against those winds. The ship could not have outrun the rapid expansion of the storm. Sometimes, in a case such as this) the safest place to be is aboard a seaworthy ship at sea. Safest for the ship and its passengers.
The fact that you are alive and well is fine testimony to the quality of the vessel, the skill of her master and his crew!
Very well-said!
Old 11-22-2009, 05:54 PM
Administrator

Let me add that if NCL offered me a free cruise I'd happily accept and be waiting at the pier for boarding time.

Closed Thread

Tags
bad, child, comedian, comediandavidncl, comlained, complimentary, cruise, cruises, dave, free, line, lines, ncl, ncldump, norwegian, people, remember