Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2006, 10:42 AM

Have a cruise booked in 2/07 on Pride of Hawaii. I have read numberous negative reviews concerning NCL. Has anyone had any experience with Pride of Hawaii? I am a past cruiser with Princess and have to say it was always wonderful, organized, and walked away with wonderful memories of the excursions/ship. Thanks for your input....
Old 10-18-2006, 11:13 AM
I have not been on this ship yet. We were on the NCL Wind for an 11 day Hawaiian cruise in April. I do plan to take this cruise maybe next year. I see there are no reviews of this cruise on this website but cruisecritic.com has many. I think you will get the answers to your questions there.
Old 10-18-2006, 12:03 PM

Thanks for the info
Old 10-20-2006, 05:41 PM

Everything you could want to know and more from the people who actually travelled on the POH.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/getreviews.cf...tion=ship&ShipID=366
Old 10-20-2006, 06:34 PM

I think the thing to keep in mind is that the crew is different. On the NCL America ships, including POH, the crew by law must be all Americans. Let's face it, we Americans are not used to giving selfless service with a smile, so you will probably feel a bit different atmosphere with this crew, and may experience a different service level than on other "international" cruises. If you think of it as literally a floating hotel in Hawaii, that should help.
Old 10-21-2006, 05:54 PM

This is one of those hit and miss cruises. I have heard of numerous bad reports on poor service and not enough activities planned on the ship. Then I have heard other reports from people that had a wonderful time. On the other hand it is a great way to see the islands in seven days.
Old 01-18-2007, 12:16 AM

DJCKSN: Which week are you travelling on the Pride of Hawaii?? My cousina and I are going on Feb 5-12. I've heard that the ship had some "adjustments" in the beginning, thus the negative reviews - but that they're getting better now. I just returned from another NCL cruise (the Dawn out of NYC), and it was one of my best cruises I have taken. Really enjoy the "Freestyling" dinners, and all the "Speciality" restaurants that NCL has.
Old 01-18-2007, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by djcksn:
Have a cruise booked in 2/07 on Pride of Hawaii. I have read numberous negative reviews concerning NCL. Has anyone had any experience with Pride of Hawaii? I am a past cruiser with Princess and have to say it was always wonderful, organized, and walked away with wonderful memories of the excursions/ship. Thanks for your input....
Old 01-18-2007, 02:37 PM

Just came back from a cruise on The Pride of Hawaii. The ship is very nice and the specialty restaurants have very good food and service. However, service in the other restaurants, main dining rooms, bars and lounges is terrible. Dinner took over 2 hours on several occassions. Waiters, busboys, and bar servers were rude, inattentive and incompetent. This was our 12th cruise. Worst by far.
Old 01-19-2007, 06:53 PM

We are looking at going on the POH in 12/07. I would love more input from people who have been on the ship more recently. Have heard NCL is trying to address service issues. What type of room would you suggest and any certain areas of the ship to avoid?
Thanks

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, hawaii, ncl, pride, review, reviews, ship