Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2007, 06:28 PM
Banned

Phoenix:

We will be on the Pearl May 20th, 2007. If we were on the same ship, I'd be happy to meet with you. It's always nice to meet new people. You will have a great time on the Pearl. It's first class, and I would state that after the Pearl cruise, you will be spoiled. Weather should be great and Alaska should be beautiful with lots of snow capped mountains. We have some great land excursions and have hired a float plane, a boat for whale watching and the White Pass train for a scenic ride.

Richard & Mary
Las Cruces, NM

NCL Pearl 7 day to Alaska May 20th, 2007
Diamond Princess 14 day to Hawaii Dec 3rd, 2007

"we are enjoying life"
Old 05-03-2007, 05:54 AM

Welcome back to the cold hard reality world, Jude. So glad to hear you had a good time. I've sailed on NCL, years ago, but took 3 cruises with them and had an absolute ball. I loved the Dive-In program, since I love snorkeling/diving. The waiters/waitresses were always attentive and friendly. Our cabin stewards were exceptional. It's wonderful to read an honest and happy review. Don't forget to try Princess, you wont be disappointed. Welcome home and the best way to get over having to deal with the work and routine things is to book another cruise
Old 05-04-2007, 11:24 AM

Just came back from a 11 day cruise on the NCL Wind ( the last one) to Hawaii and Fanning island, my first trip on NCL. I have cruised with Princess and Celebrity how do they compare ? Not in the same class !!Even getting on the difference shows,nobody to show you to stateroom ,no complementary robes, no newspapers,long lineups for everything,poor communications , very basic,sterile cabins.Repetitions of menue.Good value depends what you looking for but for a bit more in price you get much more with other the lines.
Old 05-09-2007, 04:31 AM

Hey folks. 4 rolls of film developed and put to disk 8 to go Plus a full m,emory card from the digital. I cant belive allt he great memories and awsome sights.

I almost forgot to tell about the excitment that happened during the cruise. This story tells about the great service the cruise line has... (I will be writing a letter to NCL to the same effect)

Around day 4 or 5 we hit a patch of rough weather on our way from St. Thomas. Most folks were holding the railings and such even in the hallways. Anyways, we were just getting up from dinner when we took a wave broadside I would suspect (from the amount of portside heave) and a few minutes later we hear a murmur of folks moving twords the main lobby (I guess thats what you call it). Someone took a header down the stairs and broke there leg but also complained of neck pain. The crew jumped into emergency mode and within a minute or two had a neck collar and an air splint on the person. Everyone dispersed as per crew instructions and we made our way to deck 12 to the Beir Garten to enjoy the Martini Tasting. While we were there I noticed the ship slowing and begining a series of turns. Most folks didnt but I did as did a few other salty dogs Next thing we here over the PA was all folks to leave the Aft deck and please no flash photgraphy. Kinda started to wonder what was up... here comes the big orange bird landing on the helipad directly aft of our location. They airlifted the person that fell back to St. Thomas because of the possible neck injury!!!

I was amazed about this. Because the person just stated neck pain without obvious complications they still airlifted insead of turning around and heading back to port.

I dont know what happened to the person but I hope all is well. I was very happy to see the high quality of the crew during the handling of this situation.

Sorry about the late telling of this but it was a blur compared to all the other things that went on and we did. As per the crew I didnt take any pictures but what I sight to see.

Closed Thread

Tags
8502, back, cruise, impressions, lines, norwegian, powered, ribs, room, spirit, stateroom, vbulletin