Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2004, 10:24 AM

Hello - newbie here. Has ANYONE ever booked OR know of anything about booking through cruise.com ? They beat the travel agent quote by $500...
Old 03-13-2004, 02:42 PM

Marilynbear,
I booked my cruise through cruise.com. Will be sailing on the Norweigan Dawn on April 11. Had no problems with cruise.com, as a matter of fact, I found them to be very helpful and courteous when I needed to change a part of my reservation.
Hope this helps.
Bob823
Old 03-21-2004, 03:23 PM

I looked around the web & the best price I found was with cruise.com. I took that quote to my travel agent & they were able to match it.
Old 04-14-2004, 08:41 AM

Well here we go again....dissing the Travel Agents. You all will get screwed on day on those cheap companies. If it wasn't for travel agents you woulnd't have all these nice cruiselines to sail on. Travel agents are the ones who made the cruiselines what they are today. Also if you are community minded....support your local businesses. And for God's sake....DON'T BE CHEAP! Most agencies will come ver close or match the competition.....if they want to. You might just be a pain in the butt customer that argues over a nickle.
Old 04-14-2004, 03:31 PM

Remember that cruise.com is also a travel agency. As to whether they can offer you the service you want, I can't say. The previous message, despite its rather harsh tone, has a good point, that your local travel agent is worth backing - if they disappear, so will the friendly face behind the service. You need to decide what's important to you - price, or someone to stand behind you if problems occur. If the website you are booking with offers a phone number and has a real human being you can talk to, that's a plus.
Old 04-15-2004, 01:01 PM

When in doubt ask Karen Knowlton she is the most knowledgeble person on this web site I don't think there has been anything posted that she doesn't know about.Second smartest woman in the world I would say, Hillary being #1 of course.
Tom
Old 04-15-2004, 08:18 PM

Thanks, Tom! I think.
Old 04-19-2004, 06:07 PM

We tried to bood through a travel agency. Went to several on a saturday. The first one we went to we called and on their answering machine thaey stated Saturday open hours. We drove to the other side of town only to find a note stating they were closed on that saturday. We went to a second travel agency only to find that the person that handled cruises was not there that day and no one else offered any assistance. Did not even bother to look for brochures or offer a buisness card. They could care less
Old 04-19-2004, 06:34 PM

Not all are that way. Ask friends and neighbors to recommend one. Many people have had good experiences with their local TA's! Check your phone book and newspaper ads for cruise-oriented agencies (if they have a CLIA logo, that's a good clue). Also for agencies that take appointments - they may be more than willing to meet with you during off hours. Good luck! There are many good agencies out there!

Closed Thread

Tags
bob823, booked, booking, cruise, cruisecom, review, reviews, wwwcruisecom