Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2007, 03:24 PM

any one waiting to go to piney point? I was interviewed aug 14 and awaiting my mmd card.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:25 AM

My wife and I were offered positions on Sep 13. We fly to Boston on Tuesday the 16th to submit our MMD application. If everything goes smoothly, and if we hadn't delayed things by going on a week long vacation during the process, everything should have taken between 4 to 6 weeks like they said it would.
Old 10-14-2007, 02:10 PM

let me know when you hear something. What position was offered? Any thoughts?
Old 10-14-2007, 08:04 PM

We both were hired as utility galley. 2 to 3 weeks after the MMD application is submitted we'll fly to PP for training.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:54 PM

I applied for my MMD card almost 3 weeks ago, and I am waiting for that phone call. I
Old 10-17-2007, 08:31 AM

Wife and I got dropped off at the REC is Boston yesterday just before 11am. We were done right before noon with all the paperwork and fingerprinting. We were told it would take 2 to 3 weeks for the cards to come back, however, the evaluator said that right now is a slow time for them, so expect the cards to get to Hawaii in a week to two weeks.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:24 PM

I don't know what positions you and your wife were offered, Did they agree to you cohabitating on the vessel?? I your Officers then at rare times you can share a two person officer cabin. If your not officers then people don't cohabitate. Our Hawaiian ambassador is gay and he cohabitates with his male partner.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:29 PM

We were both offered jobs as utility galley. We will be on the same ship, but not the same cabin. Atleast not until one of us gets promoted.

As far as training, we got the call today to go to training. We'll be leaving November 10 for Piney Point.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:28 AM

heres one for ya. i went to the job fair back in June. they told us after the drug screen and faxing over paperwork we were to fly to piney point, spend 4 weeks in training and obtaining our MMD. then flying to hawaii to start working. well, that miraculously changed. i did the drug screen, they switched recruiters on me 3 different times, and finally after weeks of waiting got scheduled to fly from indianapolis, IN (my town) to ohio to meet with the coast guard to apply for my MMD. that was on 9/11 no less, and now it is one day shy of november 1st and i'm still here. so yeah, i guess you can say, i'm still waiting. somebody please explain to me why on earth is this process has taking so d*mn long? i'm really excited about this opportunity but i think its very unprofessional to hire somebody based on one policy only to change the policy halfway through the hiring process. it almost makes me wonder how organized and professional NCL really is.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by shister99:
heres one for ya. i went to the job fair back in June. they told us after the drug screen and faxing over paperwork we were to fly to piney point, spend 4 weeks in training and obtaining our MMD. then flying to hawaii to start working. well, that miraculously changed. i did the drug screen, they switched recruiters on me 3 different times, and finally after weeks of waiting got scheduled to fly from indianapolis, IN (my town) to ohio to meet with the coast guard to apply for my MMD. that was on 9/11 no less, and now it is one day shy of november 1st and i'm still here. so yeah, i guess you can say, i'm still waiting. somebody please explain to me why on earth is this process has taking so d*mn long? i'm really excited about this opportunity but i think its very unprofessional to hire somebody based on one policy only to change the policy halfway through the hiring process. it almost makes me wonder how organized and professional NCL really is.

Closed Thread

Tags
mmd, ncla, piney, point, training