Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2010, 03:26 PM

My husband and I will be cruising on the Spirit July 23rd. Hope we meet some nice people on the cruise. This is our first cruise and we will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary
Old 05-12-2010, 03:40 PM
Administrator

Welcome to cruise-chat, and how exciting to celebrate your 25th anniversary on a cruise! We'll be on a cruise next year for our silver anniversary. You can't beat it!

Please ask your questions and we'll do our best to answer them.

Old 05-12-2010, 03:42 PM

Congratulations, Angela, on your upcoming first cruise and anniversary! Both will be very notable occasions.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:09 AM

Congrtas. You will like the spirit class ship. It is quite similar to Carnival's spirit class ship. Very easy to get around.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:53 PM

Hi there,
Congrats on your upcoming celebration! I'm sailing on the Spirit this June 25th. I can give you my feedback of this ship/cruise, if you like. I have sailed on other NCL ships to Bermuda a few times, this will be my first on the Spirit. I will tell you that Bermuda is absolutely anniversary-celebration-oriented. So pretty,so romantic and nice people. Really beautiful beaches! An absolute must (if you do only one thing, this would be it)... Horseshoe Bay Beach. It's about a 20 min bus ride from the dockyard. Breathtaking!(Camera is a must.) St George..on the opposite end of the island is really pretty to walk around. Unfortunately, most of the shops are closed now due to the cruise ships no longer docking there. Go anyway, just to take some pictures of the area. White Horse Tavern is a lunch option. Hamilton? Yes, if you want to go shopping, but it's expensive. I would really recommend you take the bus for sightseeing. (No taxis...waste of money.) Buses are clean and air conditioned. Sit way up in the back of the bus. Seats are raised, you get the best view. You can buy a 2 or 3 day pass, but remember that you must ride either on consecutive days....no skipping days in between or they are no longer valid. Ferry ride is also included with this pass. St George is much faster to get to on the ferry, other wise, use the bus. There are two beaches in St George...Tobacco Bay and St Catherines. Not anywhere NEAR as beautiful as Horseshoe. It's just one of those beaches you will literally rub your eyes because you won't believe what you are seeing. Swizzle Inn...fabulous. Lunch and their Rum Swizzles. Easy to get to from the dockyard on the bus. Excursions? Helmet Dive. Take aling a disposable underwater camera. No scuba diving skills required. It's very very very easy to do and worth every penny. Priceless memories!!!
Just remember...men and women have to be dressed on these buses. No bathing suits or shirtless men allowed. They are very strict about this. You can change at Horseshoe Beach. They also have a snack/lunch place. Any questions, please ask. This is my 5th time there. I obviously love it there.
~Chris

Quote:
Originally posted by angela e:
My husband and I will be cruising on the Spirit July 23rd. Hope we meet some nice people on the cruise. This is our first cruise and we will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary

Closed Thread

Tags
beach, bus, carnival, cruise, horseshoe, july, ncl, norwegian, packages, reviews, spirit, wedding, yahoo