Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2008, 02:14 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Beers:
Rather than dwell on NCL and their customer service, I'd suggest that the cost of the cruise be included in your claims against the other driver.
This is excellent advice for the OP and for everyone else who might find themselves in a similar situation.
Old 05-04-2008, 06:25 AM
gamecockks is unlikely to return, he has been on other forums with almost the same post.I think he just wanted to express his anger on as many forums as he could.It makes me wonder how he spoke or wrote to those at NLC customer services, if he was confrontational then it would explain a certain lack of sympathy.
Old 05-29-2008, 07:53 AM

Well, I hate to chime in so late but I'll thank everyone here for getting me off the fence. I've been debating whether or not we should get the travel insurance for our cruise next year and I've just decided we'd be foolish not to. Great advice!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-29-2008, 01:35 PM

Hi sparks1093, welcome to Cruise-Chat. Glad to hear you decided for insurance. I pray you will NEVER have to use it, but it's a small price to pay compared to losing your entire cruise! Best wishes for a fantastic cruise, and once again, welcome aboard!
Old 05-29-2008, 03:20 PM
I never believed in cruise insurance until 2 years ago while sitting on the ground in an airplane during a snowstorm.....Luckily, we did finally take off and made the ship....after that incident, I buy the insurance....well worth the price.....Happy Cruising to everyone..

Bob E
Old 05-29-2008, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Posted May 29, 6:20 PM Hide Post
I never believed in cruise insurance until 2 years ago while sitting on the ground in an airplane during a snowstorm.....
Also another reason to go to your embarkation city the day before your cruise leaves. The peace of mind it brings? Priceless!

Sandy
Old 07-29-2008, 03:38 AM

Hi!

I just read this thread and wonder about the legal situation in the US. If you had an accident caused by someone else (the truck driver in this example) and you have to spend some time in hospital so you cannot attend an already paid cruise, shouldn't be the truck driver liable for your personal loss?

Regards,
Arno

Nil 1992, Costa Victoria Mittelmeer 2006, Costa Fortuna Karibik 2007, Norwegian Jewel Transatlantik 2008
Old 07-29-2008, 05:56 AM

I'm not a lawyer, but it would appear that the truck driver would be liable. Question is, how long would it take you to recover the loss? With cruise insurance you are covered immediately and then the insurance company can wait to recover from the other driver.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 07-29-2008, 06:09 AM
Administrator

From personal experience with recouping monetary losses caused by an accident, it can take up to two years for a lawsuit and the same for an insurance settlement. Remember - you never want to settle an insurance claim for injuries quickly. You base your insurance settlement on the worst thing that happened to you and not on the money you lost for a missed cruise.

I am paying a little over $1000 for a cruise next month (including air). I bought travel insurance for $41. I'll wager $41 to save $1000 any day.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:19 AM

Hi Dave, hi sparks1093,

OK, now I understand it a little bit better. I initially wondered why gamecockks seems to be mad about NCL although the truck driver (or his insurance) should be the one who has to pay for the cruise.
I did not realize that lawsuits may take that long or that you have to wait for the result of the lawsuit to get your money back. I still believed that insurance comanies would pay the amount that is fixed immediately.
So thanks for your answers that helped me realize his problem.

Best regards,
Arno

Nil 1992, Costa Victoria Mittelmeer 2006, Costa Fortuna Karibik 2007, Norwegian Jewel Transatlantik 2008

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, cruises, cusromer, customer, customerservicenclcom, dec, email, mail, ncl, place, reviews, sept, service, time, worst