Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Norwegian Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/norwegian-cruise-line/)
-   -   Just Back from Alaska on NCL Pearl (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/norwegian-cruise-line/23629-just-back-alaska-ncl-pearl.html)

Richard & Mary 05-28-2007 12:35 AM

Hello Everyone:

Just came back tonight from the 7 Day Alaska voyage on the NCL Pearl. Just quickly, and more to follow, on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the highest rating, this was a 10+. It was excellent. Took over 700 photos. Commentary and detailed cruise review and photos to follow within days.

Richard & Mary
Las Cruces, New Mexico USA

TrvlPro 05-28-2007 12:54 PM

Richard & Mary,

Thanks for the preview and great report. I've had a number of clients sail Pearl since she was introduced and all have raved about the experience. She's become a ship I highly recommend to clients.

Cheers, Neil

Berick1234 05-28-2007 07:03 PM

Great news about the Pearl...We've been to Alaska twice on NCL and haven't had a bad experience...The Sky and the Star...we are going on the Pearl for a 9 day caribbean cruise in Jan. 2008...We've been on the Jewel so we should be familiar with the Pearl....So happy you had a great time, both with the ship and Alaska...

Bob E

billybuzzy 05-28-2007 08:46 PM

Richard & Mary-Welcome back from the Pearl cruise! We can't wait to read the review! We are scheduled to sail on her new sister ship, the Gem, in January 2008.Hopefully a Pearl cruise is in our future!

BillyBuzzy

Richard & Mary 05-28-2007 09:47 PM

If there are any immediate questions about the NCL Pearl to Alaska cruise, before I write the review, please feel free to ask. This was our 2nd time on the NCL Pearl in the last 3 months, after sailing on her back in Febuary for the 9 day Southern Caribbean cruise.

The Alaska cruise was great, and very upscale for us. We were treated royally as VIP Guests, had a private dinner with the Captain, and was invited unto the Bridge the day of cruising Glacier Bay, which was awesome.

I will answer any and all questions that anyone might have. We have saved all the Freestyle Daily's.

Richard & Mary
Las Cruces, New Mexico

Richard & Mary 06-02-2007 10:16 AM

Still working on review of Alaska cruise May 20th-27th, but will answer any questions.

If your scheduled for this cruise, expect a GREAT time, awesome views and scenery, graet executive staff, great food. Entertainment could be better for shows in the Stardust Theatre.

Be sure to attend a Martini clinic, and get loose.

Richard & Mary 06-03-2007 07:21 PM

Welcome:

As promised last week after returning on the NCL Pearl Alaska cruise, I have now uploaded the Alaska photos to my photoshow website. If your considering this cruise, know someone that is taking this cruise, or you will be on this cruise, you might very well enjoy the 2 photoshows that I have prepared. The photos were taken with a Nikon digital camera.

Photoshow #1 has 396 photos and covers the begining of the cruise heading off to Glacier Bay.

Photoshow #2 has 386 photos and covers Glacier Bay and our flight back to New Mexico.

You can advance the photos as quickly as you want, or you can just sit back relax and take our personal cruise/tour in about 1 hour and 15 minutes, which took us 7 days.

I have cruised alot and this was one of the best. In a few more days, hopefully the NCL Pearl cruise review will be completed and placed on the Internet for all to read.

If you want to view the photoshow, go to:

www.photoshow.com/members/dziak2

There are several photoshows listed, and the NCL Pearl Alaskan cruise will be labeled at the top. Other cruises are also available for viewing.

Sit back, relax and enjoy the trip to Alaska. It was awesome. I can answer any questions that you might have.

Remember these are photos and although they may look great, there's nothing like actually being there in person.

I highly recommend that you consider an Alaskan cruise.

Richard & Mary
Las Cruces, New Mexico USA

DRS 06-04-2007 05:36 AM

I will be reading the review, one question I had for your review - what type items are on the room service for breakfast? A lot of posts I have seen make it sound like items are limited to muffins etc. Thanks!

Richard & Mary 06-04-2007 09:22 PM

Room service for breakfast is considered a continental breakfast. You may want to consider a trip up to the buffet and then carry back your own hot breakfast if you desire that to your stateroom. All room service cards are required to be hung on the outside stateroom door by 2:00 AM so they can deliver and call at the time requested that you selected.

Otherwise if your considered a VIP Guest than you can get what you want when you want.