Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2005, 12:26 PM

c&cmom,

I do encourage you to re-read the final paragraph of my previous post. That's all I'm willing to say in reply to your insinuation.

Also, please note that I did not mention any particular names in my post.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 09-03-2005, 01:16 PM

Raoul: face the fact that this thread was hijacked by people with very few posts. It isn't the way that business is done here, which is why I like it here so much.

Take a cruise over to cruisecritic and you will see how nasty people get.

There are a couple of other areas where this site excels but that is a topic for another day.

I notice that you are the only one on the last few days- I assume the other moderators are glued to their TV sets like I am... or on vacation.
Old 09-03-2005, 01:35 PM

Carlalena1,

I do very much agree with you that quite often people writing about their "cruise from hell" more or less disqualify themselves through the way in which they are presenting their stories.

That is particularly sad if they do have a valid point to tell. But thanks to their often used "style" of writing, it becomes difficult to see whether they are genuine or simply trolls trying to make trouble.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 09-03-2005, 02:30 PM

Carla, Raoul, et al. I just got off the Splendour of the Seas in Barcelona and will be here for a couple of days before I board the Millennium in Venice for a 12-day Venice to Barcelona cruise. I have had limited internet access. I know that Nancy is in Bermuda for her annual "girls week to party" trip and has no internet access. I am not sure where Karen is, but probably on a cruise somewhere.

Both of you do a nice job of summing up the essence of this site. intelligent folks follow a thread and discern the truth in an open and honest conversation where every side gets to speak their mind. Name calling, flaming and/or other attacks on folks with opposing views only detracts from the conversation at best, and undermines the credibility of those making such posts.

Such posts are not welcome here, not because they are negative about a cruise line, but because they insult the intelligence of our population who are quite capable of making their own decisions from an honest discussion.

I will try to drop in over the next two days to see how this is progressing, but please try to be respectful of all posters to the thread.

c&cmom, your post was wonderful and you did not offend anyone. This forum is for the honest expression of experiences and you did so quite elegantly.

Well, I am off to enjoy so tapas and sangria. Check with you guys tomorrow.

Tom
Old 09-04-2005, 10:45 AM

Oops, Raoul and Carla, I didn't mean to infer that you had in any way had not been respectful, I was referring to posters to Cruise-Chat.com that post confrontational, flaming or otherwise messages that incite rather than inform.

Sorry if my message did not read the way I meant it.

Tom (thoroughly enjoying Barcelona)
Old 09-04-2005, 11:13 AM

Pfairfie,

Don't dispair. Although you had an experience that might scare anyone from cruising again, try Royal Carribean or Carnival... Because of these two lines, I won't vacation any other way than cruising.

Based on word of mouth and suggestions from my cruise travel agent, NCL and Holland will never be on my travel calendar. However, I know a few people (mostly seniors...I'm in my 30's)who had mediocre fun on these two lines.

Tom, have fun in the Med...again! My husband and I are sailing 10/12 from Rome on CCL Liberty.
Old 09-04-2005, 12:56 PM

Tom- no offense taken. I know you were not referring to me. I hope your vacation is going well!

Carla
Old 09-04-2005, 02:56 PM

Tom,

glad you're enjoying Barcelona. It's a great place to be.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 09-04-2005, 11:34 PM

1morecosmo,

I saw the Liberty in port (BCN) when we arrived on Saturday. WOW! She is a beautiful ship. She has a stubby bow, but the way the bridge and cabins are stacked give her an impressive look from the front. You should have a wonderful cruise experience on her.

Tom (heading for Venice)
Old 09-05-2005, 08:26 PM

I wish I could say I was cruising! Just bogged down with some work and personal issues (nothing serious, just time-consuming.) Just got on today.

I will say that I am sad and disappointed to hear that NCL America's standards may not yet be up to par, as I feel they have had some great ideas (new ships in Hawaii, freestyle, etc.) I know they have been trying to make improvements; guess there is still a way to go. Also good to know that some good experiences were reported on NCL's other ships.

Closed Thread

Tags
crues, cruise, cruises, cruses, deals, forums, hawaii, hawiian, line, norwegian, princess, reviews, suck, sucks, vacation