Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  

Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-06-2005, 09:59 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 21
I am going to alaska in sept and have two questions. one is do we have to do some sort of immagration paperwork before we go and two is what about a visa? i have a passport, i wanna make sure i have everything i need. Too far from home to turn back. thanks

  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06-06-2005, 10:28 AM
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,370
It would help if we know where you are from (i.e. citizens of what country) and if you are traveling to Alaska via Canada.

If you are flying to Alaska from the U.S. and are U.S. citizens, you don't need a passport, visa or anything other than photo ID. If you are taking a cruise you will need photo ID and government-issued birth certificates. A passport is handy in place of those last 2 items.
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06-06-2005, 11:24 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 21
Sorry I am flying from Louisiana to Washington port and leaving from there.

  #4 (permalink)  
Old 06-28-2005, 03:02 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 3
you should be fine with a passport
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 07-28-2005, 11:48 AM
Junior Member
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 2
If you are entering Canada at any time of your trip (I'm guessing if you are on an Alaska cruise it may go to Victoria or Vancouver), American citizens will need a passport OR a birth certificate (must be an embossed original) + a government-issued ID (i.e. driver's license).

My understanding is that sometime soon (2006 or 2007?), Canada will stop accepting the birth certificate + ID option and require a passport only, but if you're travelling this year the birth certificate + ID will be sufficient.

Tip: Make certain to use your given (birth certificate) name in all your cruise and flight registration and documentation. If they don't match exactly, it can be a hassle.
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 07-28-2005, 02:09 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,370
To clarify, it's not Canada that will be requiring the passport, but the U.S. will require them to get back into the States. This will take effect for travelers to/from Canada at the end of 2006, as mentioned.

If your birth name has changed (for example, by marriage) you should bring also a certified copy of your marriage certificate, as well as the certified copy of the birth certificate and your photo ID. Hospital birth certificates and photocopies of birth certificates are NOT acceptable. The certificates must be of government issue (county or state ok) and must include some kind of official signature and/or seal. Needless to say, if you have a passport, it's much easier to bring that along instead - one form of ID instead of 2 or 3!
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Alaska Photos from Trip on Diamond Princess waterart Princess Cruises 6 08-09-2007 03:47 AM
Alaska May 2007 Trip on the Summit Vashtie Celebrity Cruises 3 07-12-2007 10:56 PM
MENDENHALL FLOAT TRIP OR CANOE TRIP win Alaska Port Chat 3 02-27-2007 04:22 PM
Alaska trip Usa Sandra Holland America Line 3 01-14-2006 11:29 AM
What a trip!! Jenben817 Carnival Cruise Line 1 04-13-2004 02:18 PM

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:48 PM.

Contact Us - Terms of Use - Cruise Reviews Home - Archive - Privacy Statement - Top

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2