Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2009, 01:19 AM

Happy new year!

We are thinking about booking a stateroom on NCL Jade on Deck 11 below the Buffet Restaurant and Outdoor Restaurant. Are there any disturbances that you can hear in your cabin? Is it very loud when people walk above your cabin?
Thanks a lot and best regards
Rene
2005 - Legend of the Seas -- Transatlantik
2006 - Voyager of the Seas -- Transatlantik
2008 - MSC Opera -- Nordland
2008 - MSC Orchestra -- Westliches Mittelmeer & Kanarische Inseln
Old 01-02-2009, 09:35 AM
Banned

reneham:

We were on deck 11 (11156) on the NCL Jewel(same plan as the Jade) in aft cabin middle of the rear end. We too were just under the outdoor cafe (deck 12). You will get some noise, mostly from chairs being moved around, on the metal flooring; but we found this was during peak periods only. You should have no problem in the late evening hours as the outdoor cafe closes about 9:00 PM or earlier. On the Jade, the Italian rest (Mama's) is on deck 12 also. If Mama's is full, they will use the outdoor cafe area for seating. If your in 11156 or 11656 expect a small outside balcony. It is a balcony, but I would consider it tight space. Dramatic views, yes. My wife had booked us on the NCL Star aft cabin, and had asked to change to a port or starboard balcony. Looking over the balcony on aft Deck 11, was pretty scary to me.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:15 PM
Administrator

reneham, we had the same concern - how much of a concern it really is, we don't know. We ended up booking a cabin under the library - can't get much quieter than that

Quote:
Looking over the balcony on aft Deck 11, was pretty scary to me.
It's nice to know I'm not the only one! I know it appeals to many people, but I'm just too frightened by the height.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:36 PM
Banned

I highly suggest to all potential cruisers to carefully look at the deck plans to see where the placement of your cabin/stateroom will be. On our first NCL Star cruise we didn't realize that our stateroom was right above the disco in the Carousel Lounge. We rocked out until 2:00 AM each morning. The intense sound/vibration from the disco shook the floor and walls. We will never do that again, never. There are several websites that show the deck layouts.
Old 01-13-2009, 02:55 PM

we were in cabin 11614 on the jewel and let me tell u every morning at 5:30 you could here every chair moving and it was horrible!!!!! Make sure u are not in these cabins or u will have a early wake up call>

Read and post cruise reviews

Closed Thread

Tags
11, cabin, cruise, deck, inside, jewel, line, mini, ncl, norwegian, review, reviews, star, stateroom, suite