Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2003, 09:24 AM

I am crusing on the S/S Norway out of Miami on March 9th. We are flying into Ft. Lauderdale, is there a shuttle that takes us to the Miami port?? And I guess it's cheaper to fly us to Ft. Lauderdale instead of where we will actually be leaving out of Miami. Ridiculous!! What's also ridculous is the fact that I live 45 minutes from Philly airport, but the cruise line has us leaving out of Baltimore Airport ( an hour and a half away), then flying into Philly Airport and then onto Ft. Lauderdale. Makes no sense other then it's probably cheaper for them. IT's going to be a LONG day, and long birthday for my husband, it's on March 9th.
Old 03-03-2003, 09:24 AM

I am crusing on the S/S Norway out of Miami on March 9th. We are flying into Ft. Lauderdale, is there a shuttle that takes us to the Miami port?? And I guess it's cheaper to fly us to Ft. Lauderdale instead of where we will actually be leaving out of Miami. Ridiculous!! What's also ridculous is the fact that I live 45 minutes from Philly airport, but the cruise line has us leaving out of Baltimore Airport ( an hour and a half away), then flying into Philly Airport and then onto Ft. Lauderdale. Makes no sense other then it's probably cheaper for them. IT's going to be a LONG day, and long birthday for my husband, it's on March 9th.
Old 03-03-2003, 10:16 AM

You can take a taxi from the airport for 18.00 flat rate. This is by far the cheapest and best way to get to the port of Miami. The taxis are nice and all lined up waiting at the baggage claim. Very quick and easy. The NCL shuttle is very expensive to take just for a trip to the port. Hope this helps!!
Old 03-03-2003, 10:20 AM

I apologize. I misinformed you on that 18.00 flat rate. That is from Miam Airport and not Fort Lauderdale. You may want to contact the aiport and they can tell you how much the taxi fare is to the port.
Old 03-03-2003, 10:58 AM

Yes there are shuttle services between Ft. Lauderdale and Miami. We found some right outside baggage claim on Ft Lauderdale. We found one that only charged us $15 per person to take us to a hotel in Miami. They have small buses and limo service. $15 was the cheapest we found but none of them were very expensive.

I don't remember the name of the shuttle service that took us but as I said there were several right outside the baggage claim area.
Old 03-03-2003, 01:36 PM

All of the flight arrangements were made by the cruise line, so I am assuming they will pay for the transporation to and from the airport to the pier.
Old 03-03-2003, 02:08 PM

Yes, Helene, the cruise line should provide the transfer for you. Do call them (or your T.A.) to double check that they know you are flying into Ft Lauderdale, not Miami, and also that the transfers are included, just in case. Have a great time!

Karen
Old 03-04-2003, 07:08 AM

Yes, I found out that it is included with the cruise. There will be someone near the baggage claim with a sign.
Old 04-22-2003, 12:52 PM

Hi everyone,
We are flying to and from Ft. Lauderdale airport for our Norway cruise which means transfers to miami and back. We have the transfers already from the ship and back. The problem is now our return flight was originally scheduled to leave FLL at 3:50pm, was changed to 2 pm. We are wondering if we will have enough time to get to the airport by noon so we have ample time to check-in. We are scheduled to take the ncl shuttle. If there is anyone who took the shuttle back to the airport, did you get their by noon? Thanks very much.
Old 04-22-2003, 05:56 PM

To Jefferson: if you arranged your air through the cruise line, then you don't need to do anything, as they will handle the change. If your flights were booked separately, make sure the cruise line knows of your updated air schedule before you sail, so they will plan to let you off the ship and put you on a shuttle that will get you to the airport in time. You should be ok; barring any unforeseen delays, most cruise ships start disembarking passengers before 9 AM. If you purchased travel insurance, check with that company; it may likely cover your expenses in case you do happen to miss your return flight due to the ship letting you off late. Have a great cruise!

Closed Thread