Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2007, 08:04 PM
Reading a recent cruise review on another website I noted a statement that the Italian specialty restaurant and the TexMex specialty restaurant aboard the Gem have a $15 surcharge! Can anyone verify if this is true or not?

BillyBuzzy
Old 12-07-2007, 03:41 PM
UPDATE: I have viewed copies of the "Freesyle Daily" used aboard the Gem on an Oct 07 cruise and there is no indication of additional fees for either La Cuccina (Italian) or in Tequila (TexMex)-the Vacations To Go website is in error apparently. Their info on the Pearl also contains this error! Will let you all know in 50 days after my Gem cruise!

BillyBuzzy
Old 12-08-2007, 06:50 PM
Administrator

Less than 50 days away...I am so excited for you! I'm glad you were able to find the Freestyle Dailies. The NCL Web site doesn't indicate any extra charges for these dining venues, either, yet they've been wrong before.
Old 12-09-2007, 02:29 PM

I'm on the Gem's cruise to no where Dec 15-17th. It should be interesting.
Old 12-09-2007, 02:45 PM
CruiseHappy-How I envy you-yet-I believe I can wait for that 12 day cruise to the Southern Caribbean-Still please keep us posted on the restaurant charges! Bon Voyage,

BillyBuzzy
Old 12-09-2007, 02:50 PM
LisaP-Thank You sooooo much for the wonderful thoughts-It is making this gloomy fall and early winter much more tolerable to know there is a cruise right smack dab in the middle of it all! Pusser's here I come!!

Bon Voyage,

BillyBuzzy
Old 12-09-2007, 04:25 PM

Quote:
I'm on the Gem's cruise to no where Dec 15-17th. It should be interesting.
Cruisehappy, I was scheduled on that sailing as well but had to cancel it. Have a great time!

Cheers, Neil
Old 12-09-2007, 06:09 PM
The Italian and Mexican restaurants were FREE on the Jewel...unless they've change it now...I will be on the Pearl for a 9 dayer on Jan. 25 so I will find out for sure...The snow and ice and really getting to me...gotta get out of here...going deep sea fishing in St. Lucia...much better than ice fishing in Minnesota....Happy sailing....BillyBuzz where does the Gem leave from...I'm going out of Miami...maybe our paths will cross....I always have my walkie talkies on 14.14 if you use them...give a yell if the Pearl is nearby...
Happy sailing..

Bob E
Old 12-09-2007, 07:58 PM
Bob-The Gem is going out of NYC starting in just a few days. Living in the Northeast-the homeporting concept is reducing our needs to head South for many of our cruises. Indeed, the NCL offerings out of NYC cover many of our cruising needs without the need to fly! (I think that means I am getting a wee bit older)-It is cost effective in that We get to cruise longer for about the cost of a trip to FL!-We take a cruiseline contract bus to the pier and have no parking fees-that alone saves a ton of money.We sailed the Dawn last year and like the Jewel-it has no fees for the Italian or the TexMex! The cruise review I read at another website clearly indicated fees aboard the Gem and the Pearl! Yet, the Gem Frestyle Daily shows no such fees! I believe that will be the case but until we hear from someone in authority or a prior cruiser-the true answer remains in limbo!
Anyway,have a great cruise-ours will be deep Southern Caribbean with many wonderful days at sea-well worth the wait-we booked when Gem was just a keel! We will probably cross paths at sea-in which case I suggest one of those lucious boat drinks to friends so near yet far!

Bon Voyage,

BillyBuzzy
Old 12-10-2007, 08:36 AM

Hi everyone! The NCL Gem is coming into Boston. December 13-15 is a cruise to no where for travel agents only. December 15-17 is a cruise to no where opened to the public.
After that, I think it leaves for New York for a few cruises to no where.

I am excited about it. It breaks up the winter here in Boston and it would be nice if more came this way.

Travelpro sorry you had to cancel.

I'm looking forward to taking my nephew (8 yrs old) bowling. This is his first cruise. I am working at the pier that day so I was able to arrange to have my nephew and husband go on with the VIP's. When I explained to my nephew what "VIP" means he got real excited. The glow on his face was priceless.

When I get back I'll post which restaurants are free and which have an additional cost.

Closed Thread

Tags
charges, cost, daily, extra, gem, jan, ncl, ny, nyc, prices, restaurant, restaurants, resturaunt, review, reviews, schedule