Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2007, 08:30 PM

Our anniversary cruise april 2 2007 pride of hawaii. Free style cruising Means We allready got our tip! Your on Your own for the next week and Your probably better off eating on shore if you have a palate. And why your at it stop at the abc store you should get a two litier bottle of soda,You'll save yourself about 38 bucks. Because nothing here's free!. It's pretty sad that the food at the Hard Rock Cafe in Maui was the best meal we had all week. And the servers were actually pleasent.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:49 PM
That really is sad because the food at the Hard Rock is nothing to write home about.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:12 PM

A sad little story, hello and goodbye.
If Hard Rock was good, something is awry.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:35 PM
Your cute little couplet brought a tear of joy to my eye,
but now I must pack--Island Princess is nigh.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:49 PM
Banned

Junks:
Are you sure you were on a cruise ship?
Old 04-18-2007, 11:15 PM

No we were actually on a barge with a credit card on a hostage stand off.
Old 04-19-2007, 09:08 AM

thejunks,

Hello and welcome to cruise chat. Sorry if we didn't weep with you for your story. I like to test the waters a bit to see if this kind of post is what we call here, "a drive-by poster", (someone who spews and flies off never to post again,) but if you reply then we know we can have some dialogue.

Have you cruised before on any other lines or was this your first? I am sorry it was a downer, sounds like a bad case of "what else can go wrong?"

Chef Ken

By the way, I appreciate your witty response "..a barge with a credit card.."
Old 04-19-2007, 03:49 PM

To Chef Ken No this was'st our first cruise we've cruised with carnival before and we come from a family of cruiser's. Our family booked three cruises at the same time two for NCL and one for Prinsess Star for Alaska in august. We were kinda the sacraficial lambs for Pride Of Hawaii free style cruise april 02 2007. My wife is disabled and uses a wheelchair. We learned from our first cruise to take two wheelchairs for travel a powerchair for onboard and at ports and a manual chair for tendor excursions. We had booked this trip last august through AAA travel. We were reluctant to book our excursions prior to our cruise due to accessibility issues,As soon as we got on ship we hit the shore excursion desk to book our luau volcanos and maui on your own. The shore excursion desk called our stateroom later that night to inform us that they could not get a bus with a lift for our volcanos trip. What we think is that we were the only wheel chair for that trip and they were saving the bus for the more expensive that just happened to have another wheelchair rider. The desk offered a 20% discount for the trip so we went 6.5 hours was definately to long. we had a few other problems lifts not working not being able to book dinners for decent ours I had 3 meals on ship 1 at papas 1 at cagneys and 1 at le bistro which was a complimentry dinner from a anniversary package that I got billed for. and we did have dinner on formal night at the grand pacific. None of which we found to be exceptional and the cafe was out of the question, the food tasted like the hand sanitizer that seems to stop people from washing thier hands. The islands were beautiful But cruising is also supposed to be about the food.
Old 04-19-2007, 04:38 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by thejunks:
But cruising is also supposed to be about the food.
Definitely chose the wrong cruise for the food.
We have done 12 cruises on different lines and the only one worse than NCL was a Greek line (now defunct)
The food was not good at all on NCL.
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Scenic River cruise June 11,2012
Old 04-19-2007, 07:22 PM

Particularly NCL America, I would suggest.

Closed Thread

Tags
food, lousy, ncl, room, stewards