Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2009, 06:59 AM

we were not informed that the second half of this cruise was going to sail, we made arrangements to fly home from miami, could only get flights out due to thankgiving weekend, the only email we recieved said the 5 day cruise was cancel, but no arrangements or mention whether it was going to be able to contiune the rest of the cruise.
So needless to say we booked a flight home could only fly out on tuesday because of he holiday, we ended up spending 3 nights in miami plus meals etc. NCL said they would pay up to 150.00 for new air tickets this didn't begin to cover the cost of a one way ticket home.
Any idea if they will make good on our 14 day cruise we had booked, or do u think they'll only refund the 5 day portion of the cruise, can't begin to say what this no-cruise has costed us so far, we are out the plane tickets we purchased just to get to miami and home and then to have to purchase another one way ticket home for all of us, its a mess forsure lol
any ideas would be great
thanks wendy
Old 12-02-2009, 07:29 AM

You'd have to contact NCL to know what they'll cover. Don't know if trip insurance will cover anything. I suggest you contact your TA, NCL ASAP.

Sorry you missed out on the cruise.

Old 12-02-2009, 07:38 AM
What would the airline change fee have been to just change the day to earlier flights?
It use to be about $50-$75. lot cheaper than a new OW flight
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Scenic River cruise June 11,2012
Old 12-02-2009, 09:24 AM
Administrator

To make sure I have this straight, you were booked on the 5-night cruise (that was cancelled), followed immediately by a 9-night cruise on the same ship? That may, technically, be considered two separate sailings and/or bookings. I agree with Maurine -- contact your agent ASAP. Perhaps they'll fly you back to Miami to catch your 9-nighter that leaves on Thursday. Don't wait.. .call now.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:27 AM

Quote:
we recieved said the 5 day cruise was cancel
So you were scheduled for a 14-day cruise or the 5-day plus a 9-day cruise?

If you only heard that the 5-day was cancelled, why didn't you inquire about subsequent cruises on the ship and then just stay in Miami (since you were already there) until your next cruise left?

I hope you got out and about while in Miami.

Old 12-02-2009, 09:35 AM
Administrator

I take it back, and apologize for answering before checking the NCL Web site. NCL does, indeed, sell the Dawn for 14 nights. So, this is indeed a single booking. Contact NCL (if I am correct in recalling that you booked with them) and ask nicely what they will do. Your travel insurance may also pay under this circumstance...keep your receipts in a safe place.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:27 AM

we booked the 14 day cruise, not the 5 day and 9 day cruise, and yes I did call ncl to ask if there was anyway we could get on another ship as long as we were there, and was told every ship was sold out, I do understand they were under alot of stress dealing with the dawn being down, with ppl on that cruise plus our cruise that was coming up, so anyhow am hoping to get reimburse for our 14 day cruise, was also told ncl would only pay up to 150.00 for new airline tickets to get us home and nothing for the extra stay in maimi due to what happened
Old 12-02-2009, 10:40 AM

If they said the first five days were cancelled, did they make mention of the remaining days and any refund for missing five days?

I hope you can recoup some of your airfare costs. I think you're out-of-luck on your Miami expenses though.

How far in advance of your cruise did you arrive in Miami?

Old 12-02-2009, 10:47 AM
A person on another cruise board managed to get on RCL Oasis for a short cruise replacing his 5 day with a 4 day but at least he had a cruise
Too bad you did not check with other cruise lines leaving from Miami this week

If they sold it as a 14 day then they should reimburse you for the whole cruise .. if they did not know when the sailing would resume.
I wonder if they expected people to hang around till they had the ship repaired
Contact NCL or have your TA do it (if you used one)
Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam, Orient lines-Marco Polo, Royal Olympic-Olympic, NCL-Dream, Dawn-Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(4) Marina (1) St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress

FUTURE CRUISES:
Scenic River cruise June 11,2012
Old 12-02-2009, 10:48 AM
Administrator

Wendy, I think things will turn out OK as I also recall you had cancellation insurance. See this post by Sandy from the "Alert: 11/29 N. Dawn Cruise Cancelled" thread. You booked a 14-night cruise and it wasn't delivered. I would certainly hope NCL would do right by you and the other affected pax, but the travel insurance is there should you need it. Please call NCL today and keep us posted.

Off topic, but how is your friend's husband?

Closed Thread