Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

View Poll Results: On going on the Norway on March 9th. Any tips on what shore excursions to defintely check out?? We
yes 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2003, 12:23 PM

I am leaving on March 9th for my cruise on the SS Norway. I have a penthouse cabin, it says that conciege service is available. Would I use that for the tender boats?? I have heard people complaining about how slow the tenders are and how long the lines are, but if you have the conciege service, that you get right on the boat. Is that true?? And how do I locate them on the ship when I board??
Old 03-07-2003, 05:03 PM

Hi Helene,

the concierge should be able to get priority tender tickets for you. The concierge office is located on International Deck, almost all the way forward on the starboard promenade, next to "Trolland".

Best regards,

Raoul Fiebig
Das Ruderhaus

Raoul Fiebig

Old 03-09-2003, 01:05 PM

My husband and I have sailed on the Norway twice. It was the first cruise we had ever done so we are a bit sentimental about the Norway. It really is a classic. Have a great time!
Old 03-18-2003, 08:04 AM

Just got back from our cruise that left on March 9th and it was EXCELLENT!!!! We are going to book again for next year. Although I might try a different ship and cruise line, but the Norway was spectacular. We just don't want to have to fly again. The flight arrangements by NCL were HORRIBLE!! And put a big damper on the first 2 days of the trip because we were so tired. But we had a wonderful time. Next time, we will only book maybe 1 exursion per day. We did 2 a day at both islands and it was too much.
Old 03-18-2003, 10:34 AM

I am glad you had a good time. Personally we never book more than one tour a day in any port we are in. As you said it can wear you out. As far as flying in to start a cruise, you can always pay the deviation through the cruise line and fly in a day before or with better flight times. You can also book your own flights and pick what you want.

My wife and I always fly in at least one day in advance of a cruise so that we are rested the day the cruise starts. If there is a big enough time difference like when we cruised Hawaii we fly in a couple days in advance.

I wish you the best for your next cruise.
Old 03-19-2003, 09:50 AM

Well we figured that who knows when we will ever get back to any of these islands, so let's try to see as much as we can. Now that I know that we loved the islands, we be going back. So 1 excursion a day. And my father does live in Pompano Beach, so we can always fly there the night before and he can take us to the ship if we leave out of Miami. My husband's company gave the trip to us, so it was out of our hands as far as the travel arrangements. But we will take care of them ourselves the next time.
Old 04-14-2003, 09:12 AM

I went on my first cruise the week of January 19-26 on NCL S/S Norway.This ship have been old but the furnishings inside were in quite good shape.
Once you get on the ship it doesn't even seem that old on the inside.
The crew and staff are very nice.
They also have a very well organized kids prgram.

Closed Thread