Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2008, 10:10 AM

Hello, I am 21 and my boyfriend is 23 and we are taking our first cruise this december for my birthday, I was just wondering what peoples thoughts were on the ncl ship Dawn? Is there a lot to do for people in our age range? I have checked out reviews but most are all older couples or families. Exactly what do you get for the price you pay?? Anything that we should definitely do or not do while we are there? The cruise is to the eastern carribean. Thanks so much!!
Old 10-07-2008, 10:30 AM
Mandy Lee - The Dawn is a much beloved NCL ship. We shall be cruising on her for the second time in 19 days. We fell in love with NCL on our first NCL cruise a few years ago to the Eastern Caribbean from NYC.

We have over 50 years of cruising experience each but have seldomly enjoyed a ship or a cruise as much. We continue to cruise all the other lines but NCL is a special treat!

We were impressed by the huge number of prior NCL cruisers (and Dawn cruisers) aboard as well as the wide variety of age groups. In 12 days of cruising there were still many things left to do-we were constantly busy, well entertained and, above all-well fed.

The Specialty restaurants are well worth the added gratuity charge and keep an eye out for the 2 for 1 specials for great savings!

The Dawn is extremely well built, unusually seaworthy and handles rough seas with a smooth gentle ride. The crew is friendly, gracious and always eager to please. We gave out many additional personal grtuities to many of the crew-they are that good!

We have made more lasting friendships with fellow cruisers as a result of our Dawn cruise-and we have recruised with them. We all do the Teppanyaki on the first nite-there's enough of us now to fill a second hibachi table!

It goes without saying we are looking forward to going out on the Dawn in a few more weeks! We believe that you both shall love the ship-She is one of the great ones!

Bon Voyage,

BillyBuzzy
Old 10-07-2008, 10:56 AM
Mandy Lee- Please forgive me for not welcoming you aboard to cruise-chat! I got so excited about raving about the Dawn ...I...I..FORGOT!THIS IS A GREAT GROUP OF FELLOW CRUISERS, ALWAYS EAGER TO SHARE ! Humor is permitted here in great abundance!

We share much here and sometimes spend many moments sharing all things shipboard. Landlubbers need not apply! (that's a humble attempt at humor)

Visit us as often as you can!

BillyBuzzy
Old 10-07-2008, 11:21 AM

Well thank you so much for welcoming me!!! I am addicted to forums, I think they are a brilliant way for you to learn or research vacations or whatever!! I am so excited for this cruise I have never been on one before!! And that was not a feeble attempt at humor, it made me laugh at loud!! I look forward to reading more replies to my post!!
Old 10-07-2008, 01:06 PM

Hi Mandy Lee, welcome to Cruise-Chat. My co-worker sailed on the NCL Dawn last year and hasn't stopped raving about her. He was ready to sail again as soon as he stepped on board. He enjoyed all the restaurants on board, enjoyed snorkeling, said the crew was fantastic, and that the ship was beautiful. We sailed on the NCL Sky in July, only one problem, the cruise was too short I'm sure you'll find plenty of people your age, plenty of fun things to do, and enjoy yourself so much that you'll book another cruise! Best wishes and once again, welcome aboard!

Closed Thread

Tags
age, couples, cruise, dawn, line, mandy, ncl, norwegian, older, questions