Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Norwegian Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2008, 11:29 AM

I've been reading about the disembarking procedures at tendered ports. How do I know if I will be at such a port? I'm sailing on the Pride of Aloha on 4/27.. so, are Kauai, Hilo, Kona or Maui tendered? I'm sure Honolulu wouldn't be.

Thanks
Old 04-12-2008, 02:45 PM
Kona is a port you will tender in to. On Maui, Lahaina is a tender port, Kahalui is not.
Old 04-12-2008, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by susanmaz:
Kona is a port you will tender in to. On Maui, Lahaina is a tender port, Kahalui is not.
Thank you for the info. Any suggestions as to shore excursions for us? I'm a rookie at this. Can't afford to puchase NCL's excursions at each port.. just one or two maybe. Which islands are best for kicking back at the beach?

Thanks again - Soggy Sandi in Washington
Old 04-13-2008, 01:02 PM
When we stopped in Kahalui in Maui, we rented a car and drove around to explore the island. We reserved a rental car, but there were folks who took the chance for available cars. There were car rental shuttles to take you to the airport and back. In Lahaina, we took the public bus to the resort area to hit the beach. In Kauai, a trip to Waimea Canyon is your best bet. We did a ship's excursion, so I don't know how to arrange a private drive to the canyon. We did ship excursions in both Hilo and Kona. In Hilo we went to Volcanoes National Park. We did see a lot of cruise ship passengers in rental cars, so it shouldn't be too hard to do. Kona has a small beach near the tender pier, and it is a lovely town to walk around - which we did before our snorkling excursion left. All islands were lovely. You should enjoy your cruise and your vacation.

Closed Thread

Tags
2012, carnical, cruise, cruises, hilo, kauai, lines, maui, ncl, norwegian, port, ports, ship, tender, tendered